MY WORLD

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

This is what I see about 200 times a day only its travelling at about half speed, 450 tonnes of yellow. This was the best of seven tries as I had the camera balanced on my leg so I could concentrate on operating.

When I used to haul sand and gravel a couple of the quarries I used to load at had those things buzzing around. When your in a truck and transfer and one of those things goes whizzing by all the sudden you feel kinda small.

We have a large wash bay but I don't think its automated. There are four water canons at each corner of an elevated walk way and assorted hoses at ground level. The only time I was in the wash bay there was a guy manually using one of the canons

I want one as my daily drive. Will scare the shiete out of the electric people and as a bonus parking will not be a problem anywhere. Wheel clamp this you over payed, under achieving ticket tout. I dare you... Ask yourself, Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

Thought I would update my Heavy Equipment Operator status. I was signed off on the 24M and 24 Cat graders this week. These are what I am now qualified to operate. Some of the equipment will look similar but each has some differences that need to be learned. Eg: the 24 has more power, a better transmission and automatic cross-slope option. A far better machine than the 24M.

In two weeks I start training on the D10 dozer

Last edited:
Hope so Andy. Thanks Hugh. Just found out Google Earth has done a bunch of updates and the mine is finally there. Before it was just a bunch of trees.

1. Phase 3 - the depth right now is 905 meters above sea level. We've dug down 255 metres in 6 years. The pit is expanding to the left
  2. Phase 8 - current elevation to the left is 1160 and will join up with Phase 3 and also go South towards #3
  3. The large building is the plant. To the right of this is the Admin building, shop, line-up building, geology and environment buildings
  4. Camp
  5. Water supply for the plant. The little white dot to the left of the #5 is the pump barge
  6. Portable crusher. They make road crush for the winter and the dam core material for the summer
  7. Lay-down. A large parking lot for the mobile equipment
  8. Powder magazine
A - B: this is the dam. A is Section 2 or 2 kilometre. B is Section 8 or 8 kilometre. A 3 metre lift is put all the way around every year. The dam will eventually stretch along the roads from B to A to totally enclose the tailings and water

Users who are viewing this thread