Nachtjagd War Diaries released (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Erich

the old Sage
May 20, 2004
Platonic Sphere
this past weekend in Telford/UK at the IPMS modellers showing, aka tons of plastic. Authors Dr. T. Boiten and friend Rod McKenzie along with aces Rolf Eberhardt and Peter Spoden were along for the ride and to sign many pieces.

2 volumes covering in the most detail of any book ever published on the RAF vs the LW night fighter force, many unpublished images throughout with the contents of 400 pages per volume. Besides the coverage of Bomber command also the 130 US losses-fighters and bombers are covered within the scope of the work(s).

if you live in Europe you are fortunate as the books are available, we have a little wait in the states - time to check on amazon.com or other book distrib alternatives, release is suppose to be this week in the States but somehow I am a bit doubtful of that. In any case this well could be one of the chief and primary sources a researcher of any caliber would want in his library to check and cross-check the references already in hand

Nachtjagd War Diaries - Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum

save your pennies for Christmas Lucky !

My beautiful bride has already reserved the copies for me thus an early Weihnachts gift 8)

will post some pics soon of the event

English researcher M.B., ace P. Spoden, ace R. Eberhardt

each holding written response to some questions I posed to the gents

pic courtesy of Rod Mc.

Attachments

• Martin.jpg
    Martin.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 76
I still await the release of the volumes in the states, not prepared to pay the abundance of overseas shipping ............... not yet anyway

Man i wish it wasnt so expensive to ship books to nz...not to mention our crappy third world money

Like I said gents save your pennies or whatever currency. here is the latest of 10 minutes ago direct from Red Kite Pubs to me as I point blank asked when the two volumes would be released through a distributor in the USA.

there will BE NO OUTLET IN THE US. all book orders have to be done through them in the UK and maybe just maybe they will work through a publishing house in Canada but no time has been set for this.

so guys you can forget amazon.com altogether in the US. Have done a re-write of my letter to ask what the overseas shipping will be to Orygun.........

will let ya know but thought I would mention this post haste.

E ~ hang in there

Like I said gents save your pennies or whatever currency. here is the latest of 10 minutes ago direct from Red Kite Pubs to me as I point blank asked when the two volumes would be released through a distributor in the USA.

there will BE NO OUTLET IN THE US. all book orders have to be done through them in the UK and maybe just maybe they will work through a publishing house in Canada but no time has been set for this.

so guys you can forget amazon.com altogether in the US. Have done a re-write of my letter to ask what the overseas shipping will be to Orygun.........

will let ya know but thought I would mention this post haste.

E ~ hang in there

Well dont that suck in a big bad way.

the shipping to US is in 2 parcels I was just told and the shipping cost is around $ 60.00 the same price for each volume- $ 180.00 US total roughly, they are big and heavy as I realize that. pay pal account only, funny just tried ordering and it refused my visa.............. what the !!

this is beginning to bother me

the shipping to US is in 2 parcels I was just told and the shipping cost is around $ 60.00 the same price for each volume- $ 180.00 US total roughly, they are big and heavy as I realize that. pay pal account only, funny just tried ordering and it refused my visa.............. what the !!

this is beginning to bother me

Ouch, thats a pretty heafty price to pay, I realize it quality books but this one may be a tough sell to my wife.

if I was not going to use them for research and cross reference Mic I would be right there as well.........it's a big chunk ~

just to let you US guys know if you are at all interested, I spent over $ 177.00 US straight from the UK publisher for these 2 volumes.

Merry Christmas to myself ........... ouch !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back