New Member Here (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

paletteone

Airman 1st Class
Jul 3, 2011
Hi, I'm a newbie from Canada with a passionate interest in aviation art and aviation history, particularly WWII, although I am interested in other areas of aviation as well. I'm an artist so I hope that I will be able to enlist some help from members here from time-to-time as I work on any given project(s). It is essentially a hobby so if I don't reply promptly or seem to take my time getting on with projects well, that's the reason. Actually, that's probably the reason it took me this long to join you, lol. Anyhow, I look forward to learning more and exploring this site further. Cheers!

I'd love to see that too. Dabbled with watercolours and pencil sketches when younger and may take it up again some day.

Welcome from Cowtown. So where in this expansive land are you from?

Wow, thanks to all of you for the warm welcome, I'm overwhelmed. As I mentioned I'm a hobbyist and I aspire to enter some work and to take part in aviation art related shows when possible. I've been a regular on ehangar for a few years and I've learned a lot from some of the guys over there, a hell of a lot of fantastic artists there that you can learn from. I wish that I had more work to post but here's a few that I've done in the past few years, I hope that you like them. I'm always thinking ahead so I will post more as I do them. It's great to see the mix of nationalities. My wife is from the UK, and I have relatives in Vienna, Austria as well. Also, it's nice to see a fellow Canadian here, I'd love to get out west one day, never been there, I hear that the Canadian Rockies are beautiful. I'm from Courtice, Ontario. Gary, thanks for the compliment on the avatar, as you can see, it's one of my own works. Airframes, have you got a website or can you send me a link to some of your work? Thanks again to all of you for the welcome.

4940211548_f6425d8c01_z.jpg

5221550550_1f2b3b3a33_z.jpg

5589690889_17cc03e3ba_z.jpg

5384851406_eb14f75442_z.jpg

5218669697_d2e11b0fd3_z.jpg

4933072791_109a0f2828_z.jpg

5593952232_304c599389_z.jpg

5425531776_60bd518e0c_z.jpg

5805450113_fa1c8f2bb1_z.jpg

4933039151_9e67601bf9_z.jpg

4933039029_b713247afd_z.jpg

5818460335_bc8d4b512a_z.jpg

5610418519_c7200d782b_z.jpg

5219258774_0df14faa60_z.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks guys!

Andy, I like your pencil work, especially the BF-109 F, the Mustang and the P-40, very nice. Your watercolours from way back when are awesome as well, very nicely done.

Terry, I couldn't find your images in that thread forwarded by Andy. Please let me know if there is a specific place, maybe paste the direct link again in case I got it wrong.:oops:

I'll move these images to that other thread when I get a few moments. Also, how do you post images so that they preview in the thread instead of having to click on them individually?

That's my fault. I thought Terry poted his stuff there, sorry.

As for posting, for some reason several members seem to have problems posting multiple images in the right order. Here's what I do:

Open Manage Attachments
In the window, click on "Add Files"
In the new window click "Select Files". Here you can browse on your HD and select as many pics as you want. Make sure they're no wider than 800 pixels.
Then click on "Upload Files" and all of your selections will show up in a wierd order in the "Attachments" view. At this point, you can drag and drop the pictures into the order you want. If you want to post them with words in between, select "Insert in Line". You can then insert the words around the pic reference in your text box. If you just want them to show up in sequence at the end of your post, just select "Done".

Found them ! Still don't know how to post a link, but they're in the Aviation Pictures section, under the title 'Airframes Paintings as promised', started in 2008.

Thanks Terry! I had a look, nice work sir, especially the Tornados, are they done in oils? I also like the profile of the Vulcan, is that traditional or digital?

Andy, thanks for the posting tips, will utilize that the next time I post. Cheers!

Last edited:
Cheers mate. Yes, oils on canvas for all except the Phantoms, which were oils on Daler board. The Hunter profile (not Vulcan!) was one of my first attempts at a digital profile, using Corel and the PC's mouse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back