New Member Here!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Jul 21, 2012
Bangkok/California
Hi guys,

I'm an American who lives and works in Thailand most of the time. I've recently been inspired to start modeling aircraft again. My main focus will be on the pacific theatre, and I've currently got a Testor's Dauntless in 1/72, Ravell Dauntless in 1/48, and Academy Wildcat in 1/72 started in order to first practice on some cheap kits. I like 1/72 scale,but I've got three 1/48 Zeros I'll get to eventually.

I also just picked up a lot of old kits at a local flea market, including a pair of Profile Series 1/72 B-25s, Hasegawa 1/72 Tony, Ravell 1/72 Rufe, Monogram 1/72 B-26, Airfix 1/72 Airacobra, Tamiya 1/72 Shinden, and a Delta 1/72 Campini Caproni. All in excellent condition, and for $1 or $2 each!

I signed up for this forum about a week ago, trying to find some information on painting the Wildcat. However, when I tried to log on the next day my first username was banned as a potential spammer. I messaged the admin, but never received a reply, and the ban was never lifted. I really don't want this to happen again, as I'm no spammer or bot, but somebody's who actually interested in learning about modeling aircraft and really want to be part of this forum.

-James

Another welcome aboard from just under your feet.
There a lot of us retreads in here, back to it after 60 some years......

Thanks for the welcome guys. My original username was "albacore". I'm not sure who I messaged, I think I just clicked a link that said "message administrator". This name is as good as any, and I'm happy to be part of the forum. Now, back to drilling out the dive flaps of the 1/48 dauntless!

Welcome aboard James

And Terry....shame on you. You know full well that there are umpteen hundred Wil...that thing...wrecks all over the planet in jungles and underwater, and millions of plastic versions on model shop shelves and in modellers cupboards, that quiver in outright terror when your name is mentioned !! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back