New Member: WW2 Aviation Artist

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I like how you capture the mood in many scenes... it's much more than just a portrayal of warbirds.. very dynamic and thought provoking.

I have a Robert Taylor... I'd consider one of these but I'm trying to downsize my possessions!

I am a medium bomber guy. May I ask what you are planing for the B25? I would guess the Air Apaches. I would like to suggest one of the 13th AF's birds. They do not get much press. I enjoy looking at your work. If I ever find a house, I will order one.

DBII

Thanks for all the great comments!

Regarding the B-25 piece in the works: I've got five aircraft on a Port Morseby taxiway from the front, with the lead aircraft veering slightly to its left. Challenging environment - early morning, sunrise just after a heavy thunderstorm (normal for New Guinea). Wet ground (some heavily distorted reflections of the aircraft). Sun-lit thunderheads in the background. Lots of water in the air - lit by landing lights on.

I haven't thought about markings yet.

- Ron Cole

Coles, you have some awesome artwork! Your perspective is great! I just told my pre-wife that for X-mas I want the Galland aurographed Emil! Great stuff!

very very impressed with your art work!!!!

Also welcome to the forums can see you being very worthy addition!

You are very talented. I love the way the light plays off of storm clouds when the sun breaks through. I cannot wait to see your B-25s

DBII

Impressive stuff!!

I also cannot wait to see the B25 picture. Please update us when that piece is finished. Going to have any B25 pilots sign that piece as well?

Greetings!

Cole's Aircraft is back online at: index offering completely unique photo archives of WW2 aircraft in detail.

Also: Ron Cole's complete collection of aviation art - with new pieces being announced for November.

Please let me know what you think! It was a load of work!

- Ron Cole

[email protected]

Greetings from the Philippines Ron! In fact I've seen your work before while I was researching some aviation artists on the net and I really like your "Moonlight Sortie", looks very realistic. :thumbleft:

Anyway, welcome to the forums!

-Arlo

Hello, ColesAircraft.
Frankly, I am surprised we have received such an able, famous and much talented artist like you here!
Your artworks are competitive to those of Norman Rockwell whom I respect. It's a big honor and I hope this is not a dream. Yes, OK, I am waking up.

Welcome to the forum!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back