Newbie Alert

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Westfield Charlie

Airman 1st Class
Sep 20, 2012
Westfield, NY
Hello All,

I discovered this site while looking for information on the Tamiya 1/48 Lancaster, which has just moved to the top of my "build next" list.

I live in Westfield, a small village in Western NY about sixty miles west of Buffalo, with two (count 'em, two) stop lights. WNY winters being what they are, and being retired, I have a bit of time to build models, and favor 1/48 WWII aircraft, 1/35 WWII afv's, and 1/25 automobiles of all eras.

I plan to build the Lancaster out of the box, wheels up, bomb bay doors open, and would appreciate any advice/how-to's/things to be wary of any of the folks who have built this baby might like to give me.

Welcome from England.
I last built the Tamiya Lanc over 30 years ago, for a former Radio Operator (WOP/AG in RAF parlance). From what I remember of this reasonably good kit, the instructions show the mounts for the rear turret guns back to front! Also, the instructions probably still call for the interior to be painted Cockpit Grey Green - everything forward of the main spar was matt black after the first production batch, and, if the aircraft survived long enough from this batch, would normally be re-painted in the black. Still a fairly good kit, although not perfect, but I do think it's way over priced, with two price increases in the last couple of years too.

Welcome to the forum sir. You have joined a very learned group here who enjoy sharing there knowledge. Feel free to post progress shots in our Start to Finish Builds thread in the Model section.

Welcome to forum from Downunda.
I think you will enjoy yourself here.
You are amongst friends...... at least that's what they have instructed me to say.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back