Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seattle Seahawks

• Arizona Cardinals

• St. Louis Rams

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adler, what happened to Frank Gore? All I saw was Frank Gore left game due to injury

Just a sprain, but enough to keep him from running on it. He actually sustained the injury last week against Seattle, but tried to play on this week.

I think if Gore had played the whole game, the Niner's might have pulled it off.

Oh well, great game!

Great ending to the Viking-Niner game (except if you're a Niner fan).

Favre can still play.

Patriots bounce back.

Giants take care of business.

Lions break 19 game losing streak.

And oh yes.....

J! E! T! S!
JETS! JETS! JETS!

TO

27-7 Saints. Great game , Bill's "D" ran out of gas in the 4th. Jets/Saints both 3-0 , should be an awesome one next week. Thumbs up to Thomas,126,2TD's. Great game Favre, way to go Lion's

Damn Favre!!!

Favre can still play.

TO

That is what always just irked me about Farve, announcers always give him all the credit for throwing the winning pass and give little if any credit to the receiver on the other end of the play. Today his receiver (Greg Lewis) made a spectacular catch in the endzone to win the game and you barely hear his name.
Just an observation after seeinghim do this to th Vikes and others on numerous occasions.

Vikes did thier best to try to give this one away. They totally outplayed the 49er's in the first half, but to the Niners credit they never gave up and played very well in the second half and began to take it to the Vikings. Vikes numerous penalties are going to be this teams downfall if they don't clean things up.

I was flippin' through the channels, and stopped on the game with the Cards Colts. Arizona was choking hard, and then I watched Warner get sacked in what may be one of the longest sacks in NFL history. All the while, Matt Leinart was sitting on the side gathering dust...

My question is, why isn't Leinart in there making a difference when Warner is falling apart on the field?

If Leinart was in Warner's situation when the sack occured, he's have run forward for at least a nominal gain instead of losing yardage like Warner.

Forgive me for ranting, but I'm a USC fan, and I know what Leinart can do...just irritates me to see talent wasted like that...

They had 24 total rushing yards, 3 fumbles and 2 interceptions, and Warner goes down 4 times. They had no defense and a weak offensive line.

I mean really, Warner passes for what... 330 yds and they score only 1 TD and lose the ball 3 times in the red zone!

Atila the Hun would have a hard time QBing for that team the way they played today. :)

Hightower screwed my fantasy team, ( sleeper- no doubt, but he'd better freakin wake up soon!!) good thing I have Jones-Drew to make up some points.

Oh and Leinart did go in...2/2 and 7 yds. I tuned out, so not sure when or why he went in.

I only saw the highlights of the 49ers/vikings game yesterday. Looked like a tough loss for them, but you have to give credit to the vikings for making the plays when they had too.

I was flippin' through the channels, and stopped on the game with the Cards Colts. Arizona was choking hard, and then I watched Warner get sacked in what may be one of the longest sacks in NFL history. All the while, Matt Leinart was sitting on the side gathering dust...

My question is, why isn't Leinart in there making a difference when Warner is falling apart on the field?

If Leinart was in Warner's situation when the sack occured, he's have run forward for at least a nominal gain instead of losing yardage like Warner.

Forgive me for ranting, but I'm a USC fan, and I know what Leinart can do...just irritates me to see talent wasted like that...

I could be wrong Grau, but I think that Leinart is about one season away from being declared a bust. Not sure he can play the position in the NFL.

TO

That is what always just irked me about Farve, announcers always give him all the credit for throwing the winning pass and give little if any credit to the receiver on the other end of the play. Today his receiver (Greg Lewis) made a spectacular catch in the endzone to win the game and you barely hear his name.
Just an observation after seeinghim do this to th Vikes and others on numerous occasions.

Vikes did thier best to try to give this one away. They totally outplayed the 49er's in the first half, but to the Niners credit they never gave up and played very well in the second half and began to take it to the Vikings. Vikes numerous penalties are going to be this teams downfall if they don't clean things up.

You are absolutely right. You have to give credit to the Niners though. They started off terrible in the first half. It was really looking like a disaster and then the team rallied to take the lead right before halftime and they never gave back the lead until 2 seconds left on the clock. 1st half really went to the Viqueens and then the Niners owned the 2nd half.

The Niners really won credibility this game and proved they are an improved and contending team finally after a decade of sucking.

Can't wait to see how the season ends for the Niners. Should be a playoff spot and the division title for the Niners.

Matt must have gone in after that outstanding sack...

nothing like putting a bandaid on a sucking chest wound :mad:

I think that's it.

Here's a funny- I flipped back to the game and they were on a close up of Warner on the sidelines- my 11 year old daughter says... "He looks old." :lol:

That about sums up the game I think.

I think the 49ers team is fairly solid overall, but I feel they need a stronger QB than what we have now.

I actually think he is alright. He makes very little mistakes, is very accurate and very smart...

...when they let him play.

In the 4th quarter alone yesterday he was 9 of 10 for over 100 yards and a TD. Through 3 games he has the highest QB rating in the 4th QTR in the NFL. His overall rating is in the top 10 I believe.

He definitely needs more playing time and experience, which I am sure he'll get. All in all, very happy in the direction the team seems to be going.

We should try and get a Fantasy League going next year.

I play fantasty football with my 4th graders. It's a whole math program.

They get $55,000 to pick their team-3 QB, 5 RB, 6 WR, 2 K, 2 D

Then each week they go to the computer and pull up their players and find their stats. Since they're kids, they get to pick the players AFTER they play ( mental math- they learn to look at the stats and determine who will give them the most points)

then they calculate their own points!! No computer telling who's in the lead, or how many pts each player got.

ready for these formula? Remember, they're 9 and 10 yrs old...........

1/4T + 1/12V +1/25 P/24 + 1/10 R/24 + 1/10 C/24 - 1/6 I - 1/12 F

where T= touchdown, V= 2 pt conv. P=passing yds, R=rushing yds, C=receiving yds, I=interception, F=fumble

They play 1 QB, 2 RB, and 3 WR

then.....

1/8 FG + 1/24 PAT for the 1 kicker they picked where FG=field goal and PAT= point after touchdown

and

1/4 T + 1/12V for the Defense they picked

Then they add up their points per player, then total it, then add the cumulative total, then they graph it, then they order each student's points to see who is in the lead.

Last year, 1, 2 and 3 place went to 3 girls. The year before it was 1, 3 place girls, 2nd boy (my daughter was 1st!!).

This week it's 1,2,3 girls again.

I play too, of course I'm in the lead- I count myself in each weeks winners, but not the overall.

Hey I have to give them an incentive-- they all think they can beat me! (NEVER!!!!!!), but it's fun trying. :twisted:

Oh- so yes, I'm always up for fantasy football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back