NFL 2011 Thread

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dang, now I have to fly to B-17's house and kick him in the good ankle;)

No, I just don't like the loud mouth trash talk I see on TV and in interviews. Granted it may be overplayed by the media to get ratings, but it still turns my stomach.

Thats the problem!The ones you see on TV are the soundbites not the whole press conferences. I'm done arguing anything to do with Rex Ryan and anyone who brings it up isn't getting the response they are wanting.

Plaxico Burress returned to camp today. Jets signed LB Aaron Maybin released by the Bills for the league minimum, he came into camp weighing 228lbs for the Bills. I think the Jets are gonna but him on Practice Squad this year but try and get him to gain some weight and if he's good and healthy next year they'll sign him to a longer contract. Vlad Ducasse who was highly criticized for getting the QB sacked numerous times and got another O-linemans leg broken was in the game at the wrong position the whole time, he was at LG and was suppose to be RT :lol:

Rob Turner broke his leg vs the Texans in the preseason opener which is a big hit since we have 5 solid starters on the O-line but have don't have depth behind them. Jets are looking at T John Stinchcomb and possibly G Rich Seubert to provide depth. Neither are healthy but they are healthier than Rob turner who has the broken leg.

All I'm sayin' is he's always in the media . How the media shows him is up to Ryan himself. What he's like when the mic's are off has alot to do with how the media presents him when their on. I believe he can run his mouth a bit when he's wearing a Ring , until then , don't run it off at the guy who's got one on his hand now. That little thing between the Pats coach and the jets coach might be the reason one is a Superbowl champ and one is not. Shut your mouth Ryan and good things might happen. Wouldn't hurt if they had a Montana quality QB either.

It's a distraction? I'm sorry were talking about the NFL here they've made it to two AFC Championship games under him so if thats distracting our definitions are obviously different. Soundbites of Rex will make him out to be a pompous dou--- who thinks he's the next Lombardi, but if anyone actually watches the ------- press conferences he's very self deprecating and gives tons of credit to other teams, the Patriots especially. He believes in his team, but for the exception of this season, finally made the guarantee about winning the super bowl. He always said he "thinks" that his team is the best. What coach doesn't "think" they're the best team in the league?

Listen to a full press conference for once (For all you rex haters). Not soundbites of ESPN because they pick out what they want to put on to create a buzz.

Please don't blow these videos off. You'll get my point : This is how ESPN makes him out to be
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyrZ53S9Y7c

Then here is how he really is. he only talks crap before a game its not the whole season 8/17 Coach Rex Ryan News Conference

Now I know none of you watched them but stop buying into the ESPN crap and soundbites listen to a whole press conference, not a 30 second clip you'll see he's not what the media makes it out to be.

Sorry, you are fighting a losing battle. Only Jets fans can like that pompous ass. Just like only Dallas fans can like his brother.

As for the Jets players. If they win the Super Bowl, good for them. I have nothing against them, and think they are a really good team. I just don't want them to do it with Ryan as a coach. He is the only reason I don't care for them.

Wow I would expect this from a butt hurt Patriots fan.....Buck take a look at the videos before you go making that kind of comment, you obviously listen to the BS spewed by ESPN. :lol: Long live the Sanchize!

Jets turned it around real fast though 2007 4-12 to 9-7 and an AFC championship game appearance in 2009. Its shorter than 9 years.

You guys can complain about Rex all you want but I still like him, the team still likes him, and thats why we aren't getting paid the big bucks at the end of the day.
Gotta get some of that Koolaid

Sorry, you are fighting a losing battle. Only Jets fans can like that pompous ass. Just like only Dallas fans can like his brother.

As for the Jets players. If they win the Super Bowl, good for them. I have nothing against them, and think they are a really good team. I just don't want them to do it with Ryan as a coach. He is the only reason I don't care for them.

So hows Jim Harbaugh looking?

So hows Jim Harbaugh looking?

What does that have to do with Rex Ryan? Trying to turn the tables? Not going to work. Why? You can't compare him to Ryan. This is his first year with the team, and he only has had a few weeks to work with them. After he has a had a season for two to work with them, then you can make a comparison. One thing is for sure, he is a very humble coach and does not run his mouth.

I personally believe he is going to be a great coach. He knows how to coach and he knows how to build talent. Look what he did in San Diego and Stanford in College. He will turn this team around. It is just unfortunate for him that he takes the team over after a lockout. He has had what 2 weeks to work with the team?

Nah nothing to be butt hurt about! 2 AFCG and a fantastic head coach! ;)

And no Super Bowl since you have been alive...;)

Last edited:
What does that have to do with Rex Ryan? Trying to turn the tables? Not going to work. Why? You can't compare him to Ryan. This is his first year with the team, and he only has had a few weeks to work with them. After he has a had a season for two to work with them, then you can make a comparison. One thing is for sure, he is a very humble coach and does not run his mouth.

I personally believe he is going to be a great coach. He knows how to coach and he knows how to build talent. Look what he did in San Diego and Stanford in College. He will turn this team around. It is just unfortunate for him that he takes the team over after a lockout. He has had what 2 weeks to work with the team?

And no Super Bowl since you have been alive...;)

Woah woah woah woah it wasn't in a sarcastic way or a shot at Harbaugh? I was curious how he looked, I am done talking about Rex all I asked was a friendly question on how he was doing in San Fran

I see why you'd think that because of the post I quoted, my bad.

Woah woah woah woah it wasn't in a sarcastic way or a shot at Harbaugh? I was curious how he looked, I am done talking about Rex all I asked was a friendly question on how he was doing in San Fran

I see why you'd think that because of the post I quoted, my bad.

Ooops Sorry...:lol:

Like I said I think he will do fine. I like his attitude and the way he coaches the team. He is very hands on. As I said though, I think it very unfortunate that he took the team over after a lockout. I don't think we will see any results though until he has a good season under his belt and can work with Colin Kaepernick some more.

Last edited:
Geez Adler, calm down! The guy just asks you a simple question and you get all defensive!!! :lol:

hahahaha. Just razzin ya. I took it the exact same way. :)

And just for the record, I think the Jets are in the top 5 teams this year. (but their coach is still a bum) But they have a tough road to get through NE and Pittsburgh and then will probably face either the Eagles or GB. That's a STOUT schedule.

Yeah it must be tough to take over a team on a dime, hope he does well

Football is tough on the body! The crutch is cause I have a walking boot on my fractured ankle, but I got the jets Jersey on :lol:

Attachments

• IMG_2166.JPG
    IMG_2166.JPG
    36 KB · Views: 148
Geez Adler, calm down! The guy just asks you a simple question and you get all defensive!!! :lol:

hahahaha. Just razzin ya. I took it the exact same way. :)

And just for the record, I think the Jets are in the top 5 teams this year. (but their coach is still a bum) But they have a tough road to get through NE and Pittsburgh and then will probably face either the Eagles or GB. That's a STOUT schedule.

Well we face the Pats two times a year since were division rivals and face the Eagles once. Maybe if we get to the playoffs ( ;) ) we'll see the Steelers.

Our schedule is

Week 1 - Dallas
Week 2 - Jacksonville
Week 3 - Raiders
Week 4 - Ravens
Week 5 - New England
Week 6 - Miami
Week 7 - San Diego
Week 8 - Bye
Week 9 - Buffalo
Week 10 - New England
Week 11 - Denver
Week 12 - Buffalo
Week 13 - Washington (Redskins)
Week 14 - Kansas City
Week 15 - Philadelphia
Week 16 - New York (The OTHER ones)
Week 17 - Miami

Teams that concern me- New England, Baltimore, Philly.
All others I think we got a good chance

I was gonna edit it and put San Diego but I was too lazy and wanted to watch TV :lol:

Dallas lost too much with the Cap room, I'm not saying we will win I just think we have a better shot at winning against them.

Adler, I missed the Saints /Niners game. I assume San Fran played alot trying to crack the lineup. Any possible shining stars in the mix.

The Niners starting D did a very good job. They shut down the Saint's starting Offense for the most part. Granted the Saint's starting offense was probably not firing on all cylinders being it was the first preseason game. Brees was not able to do anything though.

The problems for the Niners of course are the same as last year: QB and O-Line. Nothing changed.

Saints will be fine. Brees just needs to slow down on the interceptions.

As for shining new stars. I really like Aldon Smith. Our 1st round pick had 5 tackles, 1 sack and a pass defensed. Our 2nd round pick Colin Kaepernick also showed some promise. He is a work in progress though, throwing 2 interceptions, but he has a strong accurate arm and is a very good scrambler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back