PBY CATALINA

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Looks great! Paint job is better than the roof of your car for sure!
Ahoy My Friend
thanks my man for your reply any paint job looks better then that heap of a work car I have it might be in need of a paint job but it still gets me around when the Mrs and I are going somewhere we use out john Q citizen car dont want to make folks think we are from the Grapes of Wrath LOLlllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll Thanks sir for your reply.
Boats

ahoy
I finished up on the outer wingpanels and cemented them in to the center wing section later aftyer the glue dries i will sand and shape the wings nad prepare to ver them with balsa skins, foir a treat i uploaded my Paper 1/33 scale PBY next to my Guillows kit to show how big the Guillows kits is compared to the paper model. The card PBY has a 40 inch wingspan big enou8gh but no cigar compared to the guillows kit you will see the difference in the pictures. Next update will be the co9mpleted sanded wigs. and then i will start on the skins.

Boats

Attachments

• PICT0001.JPG
    68.8 KB · Views: 100
  • PICT0002.JPG
    70.6 KB · Views: 102
  • PICT0003.JPG
    68.2 KB · Views: 90
  • PICT0004.JPG
    79.6 KB · Views: 106
  • PICT0005.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 87
  • PICT0006.JPG
    49.7 KB · Views: 103
Beautifully done Boats... I do have a question. I looked over your thread and was wondering how you did the sheeting. Did you fill each of the squares with balsa sheeting separately or cover them in sections? I'm currently working on the Guillows P-51 kit 405 with the 27 1/2" wingspan. I have the basic structure built but am not sure the best way to sheet it. I have 1/32" balsa sheets and am leaning toward putting them on like they do for R/C aircraft. Do you have any tips? I'm still very new at this.

love your work Boats,you can clearly see the difference in the kits although i like your card model slightly better as the panel lines look more life like to the balsa kit,you must feel very proud to be able to turn out such good results,a big well done mate

Bl**dy beautiful Boats, looks fantastic!

Ahoy Lucky13
thanks my man for your reply on my Dumbo she is coming along very well I have my fair share of dumbos made from paper plastic and now wood she is coming along looking like a PBY everyday. thanks Lucky for your reply i have another update coming up.

Boats

Users who are viewing this thread