Picture of the day. (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Something I just love about this picture

Attachments

• _1280.jpg
    _1280.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 206
By the look of the two guys to the left the one that has the hose is doing something wrong ?

Surrendered German U-boats gathered at Lisahally, Northern Ireland, June 1945. A mass of surrendered German U-boats at their mooring at Lisahally, Northern Ireland. There are nine of the XXI class (1600 tons carrying 23 torpedoes), four of the IX class (500 tons) and thirty nine of the VII class (also 500 tons), a total of fifty two U-boats.

large (1).jpg

Neat U-boat pic, Chris.

By the look of the two guys to the left the one that has the hose is doing something wrong?

Could be, the RH I/B prop is feathered. Maybe they are saying, "Why are you smothering the fuselage, dumb *ss, the engine's on fire!"

Could be, the RH I/B prop is feathered. Maybe they are saying, "Why are you smothering the fuselage, dumb *ss, the engine's on fire!"
That lanc got hosed by the Luftwaffe on the ground during Bodenplatt (along with quite a few other aircraft), my guess is that they're discussing how much longer they have to fool around out there before they can get back to the beer and local women :lol:

Reminds me of the U-boats I saw as a kid, about four of them, from memory, on the River Tyne in the 1950's. They were very slowly being scrapped, and were a sorry sight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back