Politics section to be closed permanently (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

evangilder

"Shooter"
Sep 17, 2004
Moorpark, CA
www.vg-photo.com
The politics section of this message board will be closed effective immediately. Political discussion is not what this place is about and the politics section has created a place that has many times gotten out of hand. From this point forward, political discussions are highly discouraged. The main purpose of this website and message board is to discuss WWII aviation, not politics.

... and to continue that note, be forewarned.

If a member takes a political discussion into another aviation related thread, that member will receive due punishment. Do not attempt to post political rantings in other sections. Do not attempt to steer threads towards a political agenda.

We understand that politics on aircraft program funding often come into play. We will tolerate their mention. But a member abusing this loophole to progress a personal agenda will be taken to task.

You have been warned.

I agree 100%, and I've done my share of posting on the political threads, but many more times than not, they turn into ideological bloodbaths. Better to talk about the "Bloody Hundredth" instead!

TO

I've been guilty of the political rantings but I agree, it wears on ya. Stayed away for awhile and this can only be good for this forum.

I wondered how long it would be before this happened. Like many folks, I am guilty of being involved in a political flamefest at one time or another, and this closure is almost certainly for the best. Seems a few of us (myself included), struggle to resist the temptation of getting into some very heated debates here. :(

Attachments

• Drink-Coffee-Magnet-C11750048.jpg
    Drink-Coffee-Magnet-C11750048.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 202
Good decision! One of the reasons I encouraged Facebook was so people could get their "social fix" somewhere else.

Dont discourage discussion of other history eras though! I'll be pissed!

Might not be a bad idea in the current climate of upheaval to get away from talking politics. Especially with the new "thought laws" and "fairness doctorine" on the way. Enough feelings have been hurt and too much misunderstanding has occurred.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back