Post models that aren't yours ! (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Sorry about the dark pics guys, will try and photoshop the rest to improve them. My fault, I took the pics.

Terry, all Mick's uncles were in the Irish battalion in the 8th Army in North Africa and Italy. Thats why he's so interested in the desert campaign.

Nice M! I don't know if they survived the fire at a place I lived a few years back, but I had quite a few of the B&W pics of knocked-out German and Italian armour, and other vehicles, that my Old Man took in the desert. IF they have survived, I'll see if I can find them - your friend might like some copies. I wouldn't bank on it though, as I lost over 1,200 35mm transparencies, most of my negatives, and loads of other similar stuff, mainly due to water or smoke damage! The 'survivors' are still in boxes since I moved, but I'll check when I get a chance.
I know the ones of German aircraft were lost - Bo***cks!!

Thats a damn shame Terry, lots of history lost there. I'm sure Mick would love to see any you have. I think he has a lot himself.

I just saw the last 2 pics on my work PC, the pics are a lot darker than my laptop, I just edited them in in photobucket to lighten them a bit.

Lots more to post 109, saving my favourite till last, a lovely Italian truck 8)

Hi Matt, I think the screens are photo-etch. But I can't be sure, I'll find out for you. i'll be seeing Mick here in work in about 45 minutes.

Hey M, where are you in Ireland? I might be moving there in the not too distant future as we're completely up the creek here in Hungary!

Be cool if we could catch up some time!

Evan

You're nearly right Terry, he was at a wedding and at each place setting at the reception was a small pouch of chocolates, the pouches were made of a fine white plastic mesh. And like all good modellers, he kept it thinking it'd come in handy on a build.

The 222 kit is a Fujimi, the turret screens on the kit are made of a solid piece of plastic with the mesh embossed in the plastic. So he cut the mesh bits out just leaving the frames and glued the white mesh from the pouch on and painted it. You can see bits of glue on the edges, it's not that noticable to the naked eye, but the camera on macro shows eveything up!

Evan, I spend half my time near Dublin where I work, the rest I spend in Leitrim in the north-west. I don't know why you're moving to Ireland, we're not too far behind Iceland in these scary economic times (the country, not the frozen supermarket chain!) There's layoffs being annouced every day.

But if you do move here, I'm sure pints will be had!

Let me know where you'll be, and I'll get the Hydro foil thingy over and join you both! Where are you in Hungary Evan? I seem to have lost touch with my mate who moved there, think he's changed his number. I'll have to wait until his next trip 'home' to find out exactly where he is - I know he's about an hour from Budapest, but can't remember where!

Terry and Muller, I've been living here in Pécs for over 7 years now (3 1/2 hours out of Budapest) but the wages are so bad (Min. weekly wage in Ireland is more than 4 times my monthly salary, and I earn better than alot of my colleagues), that its very hard to live here now.

For example: we don't smoke, very rarely drink, don't have a car, don't have kids, don't have anything on HP, and watch how we use the water and electricity, but even so 80% of my pay goes on bills - and they continually raise the prices, just not the wages of course. In short, time to move on.

Was thinking either NZ, Oz, or Ireland. NZ is up the creek, and Ivett can't stand snakes, sharks, spiders, or anything else you find in abundance in Oz (damn!), but the Emerald Isle is still somehow offering positions for solderers...
(And besides, the old man and my brother live there in Co. Westmeath, so there'll be fishing )

We'll see how things pan out anyway, but chances are might catch up with you soon for a wee pint and a yarn!

Cheers!

"...and now back to your scheduled programme, entitled 'SHOW US YOUR T..uh, KITS!' "

Westmeath? Some good fishing there Evan! Especially if you're into pike. It's kind of central to me, I drive through it twice a week.

Users who are viewing this thread