Post Your Models! (3 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Finally we come to a downer in the form of Airfixs P-40E Kittyhawk. As soon as I opned the box I was disapointed I wouldn't recomend this kit to anyone there are better P-40's out there. The mold has a large lack of detail and some parts I had to change and rebuild like the vent under the nose had to be made even and there was no exit vent. The gear eventually collapsed because the plastic has so much flex in it, the wholes for the gears in had to be made bigger so the gears could be fiitted on. The transfers on this kit where better that Airfixs new found terrible standard. although has the paint went on and the kit want together It started to look better, but there was always something going wrong as I reached the end of construction and then some of the transfers folded up making them usless. I know Airfixs is aimed at first time modelers but Revell and now Italeri and maybe even Academy make cheep models that are simple with good transfers that would be good for first time modelers. (To be perfectally honest I would tell anyone to avoid Airfix all together, most of there models are done by other companies)

Soz about the rant but I just wanted to let some steam off about airfix

Nice collection of aircraft you have their Matt. The Airfix may have been a disappointment of a model (I can relate) but from these pictures here I like it the best of all. The paint job looks great.

Hi all some of my recent builds

Love the 'Connie', not a bad airline either and the poppies with the tank, lovely touch

Vic, I love ur Warthog, but would u ever think about filthing it up some, or getting the panel lines somewhat highlighted???

The extra realism would go a loooonnnng way in the presentation of ur models Vic....

Thanks mate and your right, but I have never attempted panel lines or weathering before, though I've picked up a few pointers since joining this forum and am attempting panel lines on the current build even though it was a little late in the build when I did it. I will attempt a little weathering on the next build providing I don't chicken out. As for doing the A10, have to think about that, need to get some practice under my belt first.
:hotsun: :hotsun:

Is the A-10 gray or white? Back in the mid 90's I was part of the Air Force's first composite wing at Pope AFB NC where the A-10 Flying Tigers were assigned. I lived with them flying over my house for 3 years. One day I will build one

Sounds good Vic.... Do u happen to have a copy of the pdf file Wayne put together concerning panel lines????

Real easy steps and good pics to demonstrate.....

Yep, this was what got me started and have had a go at doing my Tornado which was completed this afternoon.

Is the A-10 gray or white? Back in the mid 90's I was part of the Air Force's first composite wing at Pope AFB NC where the A-10 Flying Tigers were assigned. I lived with them flying over my house for 3 years. One day I will build one

I sprayed this one US Ghost Grey and I also used to watch them flying low over my house in Northampton county, England in the med 80s, often being waved at by the pilots they were so low.

Thanks Guys, comments appreciated

Only just noticed your A10 Vic - don't know how I missed it! Very nice indeed. It would look good with some light panel lines and a bit of wear and tear though, when you can get around to it. It must be bl**dy massive too!

Really nice A-10 Vic, though I have to agree with Lesofprimus, the A-10 is grey.

Also, nice models Lancaster, I really like the Constellation.

Only just noticed your A10 Vic - don't know how I missed it! Very nice indeed. It would look good with some light panel lines and a bit of wear and tear though, when you can get around to it. It must be bl**dy massive too!

Yes Terry it is big and heavy.

OK guy's you've convinced me, I'll have a go at panel lining, but the weathering may have to wait a while. If I leave it long enough it'll get dusty and scruffy enough without my help

Attachments

• 90f A10 Worthog.jpg
    90f A10 Worthog.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 81
Yep, this was what got me started and have had a go at doing my Tornado which was completed this afternoon.

Really a very sharp lookin model Vic.... U didnt answer my question regarding Waynes pdf file on panel lines tho....

In a way I sort of did reply L, about 6 postings back. I first saw Wayne's pdf files about a week ago and pulled them into my system. At the time I was close to finishing the F.3 Tornado so have had a bit of a try with this. All being well I hope to photo it tomorrow and post it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back