Post Your Models!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

looks pretty mate............ for Q's A's go to my site http://www.ww2scalemodeler.de .............................

btw, what's those white roll thingo's there on the pix? joints?
icon_smoke-rasta2.gif

Hi !!!
There are two pics of my 1:72 scale P-47.Besides,there is a link for everyone who likes paper models.From the site you can download some interesting models.
Modele kartonowe

Attachments

• P47 Thunderbolt.JPG
    P47 Thunderbolt.JPG
    31.4 KB · Views: 156
  • P47 Thunderbolt_.JPG
    P47 Thunderbolt_.JPG
    31.3 KB · Views: 148
I built this 31 years ago when I was 15. It came out nice enough for me to have kept it all these years.

Some of the small parts have been damaged over the years, but its still nice to look at.

This was also my first introduction to Tamiya. They were still a small outfit back then and their models hadn't penetrated the midwest market extensively.

Attachments

• PB100032a.jpg
    PB100032a.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 137
  • PB100033a.jpg
    PB100033a.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 174
Hi all,

glad to find fellow scale modellers; I have a page under construction that will feature pics, modelling tips, links, rare models, accessories and decals for sale etc...more news soon. I've been buying and building models for a bit more than 30 years (damn, time passes quickly!)

I also sell old or sold-out kits on e-bay; look for VM_Models. Hundreds more are to come, including short-run resin or vacuformed kits.

Meanwhile, here are a few samples of my work; all models are 1/72 scale. Details made from resin sets, photo-etched metal parts, and scratch, including home made vacuformed canopies or moulded parts.

Attachments

• Fw190F8R1.JPG
    Fw190F8R1.JPG
    88.4 KB · Views: 155
  • SpitfireMkI.JPG
    SpitfireMkI.JPG
    85.7 KB · Views: 158
  • HurricaneMkI.JPG
    HurricaneMkI.JPG
    91 KB · Views: 156
  • Bf109F2z_Mölders.JPG
    Bf109F2z_Mölders.JPG
    72.6 KB · Views: 149
  • Bf109E7_Münchenberg.JPG
    Bf109E7_Münchenberg.JPG
    137.1 KB · Views: 148
Thanks; here are some more.
Still 1/72nd scale models.

Attachments

• Bf109E3.JPG
    Bf109E3.JPG
    65.2 KB · Views: 148
  • Bf109G6_Hartmann.JPG
    Bf109G6_Hartmann.JPG
    76.6 KB · Views: 146
  • Me262A1a.JPG
    Me262A1a.JPG
    121.1 KB · Views: 130
  • MC205_Visconti.JPG
    MC205_Visconti.JPG
    98.8 KB · Views: 138
Thought I should add some comments;
First, all models are presented referring to period pics;
inner details made from electric wire, plastic card, aluminum sheet; all canopies are vacuformed (either Falcon or home-made); cowling parts made from melt plastic molded in silicon moulds from original parts (to make thinner parts)
top to bottom:
-Bf109E7N Joachim Münhenberg JG26; Hasegawa; resin engine: Verlinden. other details: scratch
-Bf109F2/z Werner Mölders; mixed kit Italeri 109F+Hasegawa 109G
-Fw190F8: Hasegawa + Verlinden resin engine and guns; scratch wiring and details
-Hurricane MkI: Airfix (rescribed); details: scratch
-Spitfire MkI: Airfix (rescribed); details: scratch
-Bf109E3: Hasegawa; the straw on wings to camo' the plane from possible other german pilots willing to destroy it, was made with old paintbrushes. Funny detail: the small earth clods were made with Benco chocolate powder!
-Bf109G6 Erich Hartmann: Hasegawa; snow made from plaster
-Me262A1a: Hasegawa; resin cannons; engine: scratch.
-MC205 Adriano Visconti: mixed kit Hasegawa MC202+Supermodel MC205

Thanks very much Pisis;
Now here are 2 pics of a scratch model I made of the Messerschmitt P1111 german jet project. I'm currently studying the possibility of making moulds out of it, in order to make a series of short-run mixed vacuformed+molded plastic P1111 kits for sale.
I will also make a series of spareparts and accessories for sale, from things like home-made vacuformed canopies, engines (like the Me262 Junkers Jumo 004B), from the molds I've made.

Attachments

• Me_P1111_01.JPG
    Me_P1111_01.JPG
    47.9 KB · Views: 135
  • Me_P1111_02.JPG
    Me_P1111_02.JPG
    47 KB · Views: 129
Thanks a lot mates;
I'm still figuring out how the site will be built, just taking notes on paper but I think I will start next week.
Actually the P1111 you can see here is the master. Parts are plain plastic sanded and put to the right shape using the Model Art book about german planes. I'm going to un-build the model to make either plaster or silicon moulds out of them.
I have a collection of moulds for vacuformed canopies including things for Horten Go229, Avia B135, Breda Ba65 etc. This will be rather easier than the whole P1111 to make vacuformed canopy sheets so I think I'll start with that, as well as plastic moulded spareparts.
Will post news here anyway.

Danke sehr, der Adler;
I'm also impressed by the model on your signature! wonderful version of the most beautiful mount of the 'The Blond Knight of Germany'.
As a CFS Luftwaffe virtual pilot myself, Erich Hartmann is my ultimate reference.

Blutwurst made the siggy for me. I dont have any skills in 3D design or anything. I need to get my model that I am working on finished so that I can post some pics of it. It is the first model I have done in years. Once I am finished with it I am going to go back to modeling WW2 aircraft again. I have recieved new inspiration from the pics that you guys are posting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back