Post Your Models!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Here's an oldie I dug up.

Built this about 20 years a ago, Airfix 1/72 Il-28 in Nigerian markings from the Biafran War...

Sorry for the poor photo...

Attachments

• IL-28.jpg
    IL-28.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 128
Wurger, I've always had some particular feelings for polish units in the RAF or even french Armée de l'Air, because my step-grandmother was Polish, and I met her cousin who was a polish WWII veteran years ago.
My stepgrandmother was from Katowice; and you?
As far as I can remember I heard speaking Polish in my family, but unfortuntely I was never able to speak it :oops:

I'm very glad to hear that your family has the Polish roots.It seems that our ancestors lived in the same area,very interesting isn't it?

Ha ha funny yes. I remember the first alcohol drink I ever tasted was polish vodka; since then it's one of my fav' drinks. The best we have around here is the one called Zubrowka, but I know you have much more different brands in Poland. Nas Zdrowie! (don't know if I spelled that correctly)8)

Ha ha there's no way it can end up differently :lol:
I remember having brought a bottle at my girlfriend's appartment some years ago; we started drinking...talking...drinking...and a few hours later it was empty!!

:lol:
Well ,I can see that there are people with a good taste:D .Żubrówka tastes better with an apple juice and I like it.:D
Guys,if you are in Poland,you should come to see me.I ensure, you'll fly without wings as high as you have never flown.:lol: :lol: :lol:

Na zdrowie !!!

I had a girlfriend years ago who used to bring me some excellent red pepper vodka. Can't remember the name, but is was great!

I've been more or less seriously thinking of having a trip to Poland or Czech Republic to buy some particular model kits; what would be the average price for 1/72 ZTS or MPM kits if I buy rather large quantities? (so I know if the travel would be worth); I would not miss the occasion to visit you and drink some vodka Wurger:D

And me and drink some beer... and vodka!
smiley_drink.gif

Well, depends on what company would you like to buy. Don't know about Polish, but Czech companies provide buuilds for all kind of builders - from beginner to profis. Směr, MPM, KoPro, Bílek... The price usually varys from €3 - €20. So, obviously, it is cheaper then in the rest of the EU, I'd say.

Ha ha thanks Pisis I like beer too; sure those prices are interesting. I have to figure out how much the travel would cost. And custom fees too.
Maybe I should directly contact those companies; will do that.

Just on your way through Germany, you could probably save some money on Revell kits, too - although the prices are going down in France and up in Germany.

Sure, good idea, why not? gotta check rates. Would also love to return via Italy and get Italeri stuff, and moreover grab this occasion to stop in all restaurants and have delicious meals of my beloved italian food:D

Adler, you want to try living in France! I got the new Revell 1/72nd Hawker Hunter (as good as their Tornado, too!) for some €9.00 or so in Germany, when it goes for about €14.00 in France. For example. The simple stuff like their Hurri - also beautiful - is about €5.00 in Karstadt, when in France, it'll be at least €7.00. The bigger stuff follows suit.

And if taxes are going up, say a big thank you to the European Union, which has found nothing better than pushing German, etc, tax rates up to the French levels, rather than obliging the French to lower them.

I think we should drop the whole ridiculous idea of further EU union, and just stick with free movement and free trade.

I've been more or less seriously thinking of having a trip to Poland or Czech Republic to buy some particular model kits; what would be the average price for 1/72 ZTS or MPM kits if I buy rather large quantities? (so I know if the travel would be worth); I would not miss the occasion to visit you and drink some vodka Wurger:D

I have to talk about prices with my acquaintances who run shops for modelers.The ZTS kits have had a poor quality recently and MPMs have become hard to buy.But the prices should be acceptable due to zloty-EU enchange.Today 100 zloty is

Attachments

• zl-dollar.jpg
    zl-dollar.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 108
  • zl-eu.jpg
    zl-eu.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 107
Yes, the exchange rates of € to CZK (PLZ, respectively) might be a good advantage for you.

For instance, Směr's 1/72 Me 262 (Photoetched Metal Parts included) would cost 99 CZK. €1 is... According to today's rate... 28 CZK! So, by a simple counting, a 1/72 good model - comparable to Revell quality - would cost you only €3,50! Which is worth the trip, I think.
cheers.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back