Post Your Models!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ok, so here goes... The pics aren't really showing the models at their best, but please forgive them, i am a modeller, not a photographer!

1/16th Dragon plastic Injection kit.
Volksgrenadier, Ardennes Forest 'Battle of the bulge' 1944

1/16th Imperial Gallery, Resin kit.
SAS Trooper, Bravo Three Zero, Gulf War, 1991

1/16th Airborne Miniatures, Resin Kit.
SBS sniper team, Afghanistan, 2012

1/16th Imperial Gallery, Resin Kit.
Paratrooper, Wireless Ridge, Falklands War, 1982

1/16th Imperial Gallery, Resin Kit.
Paratrooper, Wireless Ridge, Falklands War, 1982

1/35th, Italeri 'Pink Panther' Plastic injection kit, M.A.I.M 1/35th Figure, Black Dog 1/35th Figure and land rover accessories
SAS 'Pinkie' and crew, Bravo One Zero, Gulf War, 1991

Good stuff. The 'Pinky' looks like the original Italeri Series III (when they were then called Italieri). By Gulf 1 the Seies IIIs had long gone, and the Regiment were using the '90' and '110', in a colour scheme not disimilar to the WW2 desert scheme, with sand, greyish blue etc. The original pink scheme was actually the same colour as (and on the first batch might have actually been) the Land Rover 'Birmabright' etch primer - a pale pink with a hint of grey.

yeah it was pretty much the pinkie from the 60's, just with a few bit removed and a few bits added.

That was something myself and my son did together. he wanted something that was representative, but as all kids are, was too impatient to do the conversion properly! most of that is his handiwork, with the exception of the weathering and the base, figures, and a few of the accessories which i added later when it was based, apart from that, it was really his baby.

Not bad for his first ever build, even if i did kinda help him a bit! he has since done a tiger II and a jaguar (i forget which version, but it was a 1/24 airfix car starter kit) and is now getting into the games workshop stuff.

ive a couple more vehicles i havnt put up yet (only cos im too lazy to photograph them!) like a tiger and a modern day marder 1 A5, but im not really as serious about the vehicles/aircraft as i am the figures and do those more for the hobby side of things.

Good work by your son. Those Italerl/Italieri Land Rover kits are nice. I converted a couple of the LWB 109s into SWB 88 SrsIIIs - one as the one I used to use in Paras, and another as the off-roader I wish I still had! (Must find the models - still packed after moving house 15 years ago!!)

Last edited:
Nice work on the figures but Military vehicles in pink!!, never would have believed it. Many years ago back at the academy the graduating class got into the staff garage and painted the commadant's entire (every inch of it) jeep pink

nothing special but I enjoy doing models, 1/48 b-17 in RAF coastal command threads, i know the window brace suck, hand shakes a bit much with those

Terry if you click each of these images directly you will open a bigger one.

Joker_86z28 the Coastal Command B-17 looks very nice. But I'm not sure about the camo scheme.

A few images of my latest effort. It's Tamiya's ancient 1/48 Lancaster. Not great and hugely over priced but the only large scale Lancaster available.

It's a big model and I have no idea what I'm going to do with it now

Steve

Nicely done Steve. You're right about the size - I built one around 30 years ago, for a former Lanc navigator, and as it was on a base representing the dispersal pan, it needed a lot of room. Fortunately, the chap had a large house!
It would be nice to see maybe Revell or even Airfix release a 1/48th scale Lanc (and Halifax!) - they'd do a good job of it, and it wouldn't be at a 'you're taking the p**s' price either, I think !

Does anybody know if the white cowls in the RAF Coastal Command scheme served any camo purpose? Is this like the forward facing lights hiding the airplane in the horizon glare?

21st Century Toy "Veltro".
Lack of detail in the cockpit and wheel well?........ Pose it in flight!

Cheers

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread