Post Your Models!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

A4K OUCH! But read some Pratchett (Guards, guards, The Last Hero) Think I should call her Errol?
I actually swiped the name from Anne McCaffrey for a CB handle back in the eighties

Finally got through the modeling thread. You lot make me sick. You'r too damn good.
A couple of questions though. Any suggestions for the probe on the nose of the He162 in 1/24 scale. I thought of a hypodermic but then I thought, "Hang on a sec, this thing is meant to fly".
Second, when I used to build (badly) Airfix kits back in the 60s I always sanded a little off of the bottom of the wheels to make it look like there was weight on the tyres. Has this idea died out?
Finaly as far as weathering goes I think I'll just let the 162 pick up its own as it goes along. Probably the most authentic idea but not available to static modelers.
Regards
Dragonsinger

Hey Dragonsinger!

You must have missed my models because they are pretty awful

As far the weight of the tyres goes its a technique still kicking but these days you slightly heat the tyre over a candle and push down slightly on some card. Gives it a flat side and produces a bulge in the tyre like its under stress

Good tip, Alex!

And Dragonsinger, as the major construction material of the 162 was wood, and they were hardly used, I wouldn't think they got too weathered at any rate.
One thing though, don't paint the intake ring in the Stab colour - I've seen it done on a few models, but from what I've read in various technical books it's just a myth - apparently they were just painted in the overall fueslage colour, or left unpainted aluminium.

Thought I would post a couple of 'early' models I built quite a while back.....

This one is the old Arii/Otake kit of the Bf109G-6. Done up in the markings of Italian Ace Ugo Drago if I remember correctly.... and is a G-6/R6 Trop.

Attachments

• mvc-337f.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 65
  • mvc-338f.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 66
  • mvc-339f.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 66
  • mvc-340f.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 67

Users who are viewing this thread