Posting problems.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Airframes

Benevolens Magister
Aug 24, 2008
Cheshire, UK
I've noticed some strange things on the forum, and only on the forum, in the last couple of days.
Apart from very slow page loading, and pictures taking a long time to open within posts, the pages have been jumping up and down, which is extremely irritating when trying to type !
I've also arrived at 'strange locations' when clicking the 'back' button. For example, when selecting to return to the page previously being viewed, I have ended up in the 'Private Messages' section, and also in totally different threads!!
Additionally, when trying to post in a reply, the reply has not appeared !
Now, I've just spent 30 mins arranging and typing a reply in a post and, upon clicking the 'Go Advanced' button, got a message, after some time, that the page couldn't be found, and then lost the entire typed reply!
Is there a problem Houston .....?!?

Hi
I am getting problems in the technical section.
I can reply or post or anything.....:evil:
when i go to technical it logs me out.:evil:
and if i log in it accepts me then logs me out :evil:
cheers
Jerry

Strange indeed.
brewerjerry airframes: which browser are you using? and what time of day and timezone were you viewing the forums?

I haven't seen any issues like this on my end.
One suggestion might be to clear your cookies and cache from your browser.

Thanks Horse. I'm using Google Chrome, and in the UK, five hours ahead of the forum time. The problem has been happening at most times, day and night, but the last problem mentioned happened at approximately 19:30 hrs, GMT, Sunday 5th December, so 14:30 hrs EST.
I cleared the cache etc, which made a marginal speed difference, but note that I have not experienced any problem elsewhere on the Internet.
Hope this helps.
Cheers,
Terry.

I've experienced the page jumping, too, but only in a couple of days last week.
I'm running XP and Chrome.

The page jumping I believe is the slow loading of the ads on each page. Even though you may scroll down when the page loads it will jump to the top when the ad is done loading. I attrribute that to my PC but that appears to be the problem for me. Some ads are more intense graphic-wise than others and take time loading.

Like Maria, this happened just a couple of times to me maybe two weeks ago. I've not seen it since. I don't recall if I had been on a page for a long time or not. Sorry.

At least one of the times the page jumped to the top right after I had opened it and scrolled down to read the latest post, I can't remember the other few times when it happened. So it sounds to me that Njaco's explanation might fit the bill just right here.

Not had the same amount troubles for a while. But, saying that, there was a time when it was impossible to reply in threads, because the space where you write 'Quick Reply' and the other, after clicking 'Post Reply' were none existent....
But as I said, been a while since last time.... *phew*

Quick reply can be shown by clicking this:
collapse_tcat_collapsed.gif
or hidden with this:
collapse_tcat.gif

If that isn't the case then not sure what was wrong, just try reloading if it happens again.

The page jumping is likely due to one of the ads.

It has been slow all weekend here. But with the weather the way it is I'd say everyone in the my area is on the internet and the server is just swamped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back