Prayers or good thoughts

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

My dad have the same problem with his heart....couple of times he's collapsed and been taken to hospital....been freaking me out to say the least living here in Glasgow and they in Sweden. Hopefully he'll have an operation soon to correct it all. Once again, your dad and mine are together in my thoughts and prayers mate....! The VERY best of luck and speedy recovery to him...

While Im not a praying man, I did rub on my lucky piece and said some words for ur Dad Thor...

No, not THAT damn lucky piece, nor Luckys' piece either... Jesus, get ur minds outta the gutter gentlemen, this is a serious issue....

All kidding aside Thor, and Father of Thor, my best to u both, and ALWAYS keep a positive attitude, cause it DOES make a difference in ur recovery....

Sorry for the delay and I appreciate the concern. As of 1/21/08, his heart is still out of rhythm and they are considering shocking it again. We will learn more about their plan of attack this week. However, there is more good news than bad.

He is off of all IV's, kidney levels are good, liver levels are getting back to normal, fever is gone, and the pneumonia is beginning to clear up. The doctor's hope is to get the heart back in rhythm, then control it with medicine.

I showed this link to my sister and it brought her to tears as she was so moved that people all over the world were thinking of him and praying for him. You guys are top notch in my book.

just so long as they keep his lungs clear friend this is very critical, my grandfather of long ago fell to this during his heart failure

prayers for all of you during this time

He had a tube run down his throat so they could use a camera to see his heart

Sounds like he had an Oesophageal Echocardiogram.
and there isn't any clotting, which is great news.

Very important to rule out any clot formation in the heart before they Cardiovert (shock the heart) The idea is to 'reboot' it into a normal rhythm (sinus rhythm)

Things are looking better than yesterday when his blood pressure dropped to 65 over 45, but he isn't out of the woods yet.

Sounds like he has Atrial Fibrillation.

The doctor's hope is to get the heart back in rhythm, then control it with medicine.

Excellent!

Also sounds like he's in good hands. And don't be afraid to ask the Doctors any questions or concerns you may have.

All the best to you, your family and your father.

Sounds like your familiar with this stuff Graeme.

My dad's doing the same as a couple days ago. We believe he is getting to go home tomorrow!!! yeah! Then do stuff on an outpatient basis. I believe the doctors still want to shock his heart again in a couple weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back