Question for today.....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

If they did that, they'd need training, and they're not willing to pay for the training or to fund the employees to answer the phone. So YOU end up in India talking with somone who usually has no idea what you want.

Whoever inveneted the PC-answering machine should be locked up and pelted with vegetables for 8 hours a say. I'd pay just to throw tomatoes at him.

Terry, been there and done that more than once though usually with computer problem "help" (in a HEAVY indian accent) "First turn you computer off then on again". "I already tried that, didn't work". "Sir, first turn your computer off then on again". "I already did that didn't you hear me". "Sir, first turn..."
WORSEST: After 20min of computer menus and an hour on hold (Heavy Indian accent) "This is Mary, Thank you for holding.." "THANK ME!!! did you give me a choice..."

Several years ago, I was in the process of installing a new MVARS system (video system) into a U.S. Forest Service Law Enforcement vehicle. It was the FREAKIN' worst POS ever designed and nothing was mounting properly.

I called thier tech support and got some clown with a heavy Hindu accent. I explained everything that was going wrong and he calmly said (remember, heavy Hindu accent) "but sir, it is really straight forward, you should not be having any difficulty with it"
My first response was to visit great physical harm on him or at the very least, hurl a few insults, but calming myself, I sarcastically asked: "are you part of the design team for this system?", his reply was that he was one of the design engineers. Ahhh yes, an engineer...no wonder it was really straight forward.

I fixed it anyway...

I'm with 3 and the Indian call centre is unfailingly polite and helpfull. Whatever those people are on to make them so calm... can I have some please???

Virgin media amd the rudest bunch and their call centres vary around the world from America to Korea. If you want help... join SKY :)

My bank, car insurance, local hospital, water authority, power providers, local council, local Police are terminally bad. Unless you ring at 0300 you have no chance.

When my daughters mobile phone was stolen I reported it as a lot of her friends were targetted by a gypo criminal gang working the pubs and bars in cahoots with the door staff . The local Police were dismissive and patronising.... all I'll say about that is its just as well its a call centre and not a face to face with a Police Officer.

****ing people.

I was once trying to buy some parts for my pickup at a Chevrolet dealer and the guy at the parts counter would ignore me and asnwer every call that came in. After 25 minutes if trying to get hiis attention long enough to buy ONE part, I wasited until he had walked away to check inventory for another phone inquiry, took out my small screwdriver, changed the address on evey one of the 5 or 6 terminals, and left for another dealership. This was in the late 1980's and the address was a mechanical selector on the outside rear of the terminals.

It wasn't very adult, but WAS quite satisfying at the time, and still IS.

When you have a customer in front of you, take care of them first, before the phone calls.

Sweet revenge Greg.

The FORD people are much nicer and you only get ignored for 15 minutes :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back