Quokes/Jotes... Continued! 2!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure it's been posted before, but

school1_small.jpg

school2_small.jpg

Believe it or not this one actually happened to me a couple of months ago. Heading home in our dodge van after a long trip I get pulled over by a State Trooper. He comes back to the van and asks me if I know why he pulled me over? I said yes, I was going 62(MPH) in a 55(MPH) zone. He then asked me if I had any "priors" ( as in prior convictions for traffic violations). I replied no and my seven year old daughter sitting in the back seat says" Yes you do papa, you have a whole bunch of them at home in your tool box!" The Trooper and I looked at each other and then I started laughing and told her " Sweetie the Trooper said "priors" not "pliers" The Trooper cracked up and let me off with a warning and gave her a Junior Troopers badge. :oops:

:lol:

Oh and regarding the Italian joke. I'm an equal opportunity abuser. :)

:lol:

Oh and regarding the Italian joke. I'm an equal opportunity abuser. :)

I'm glad Because I like a "GOOD" Italian joke as much as the next guy. Irish jokes too (I'm half Irish) And let me be telling you,Nobody got in more fights on St. Paddys Day than me. Well there I was standing on the corner with all the other lads and lasses waiting for the school bus to take me to dear old Cardinal O'hara high school when out of nowhere somebody yells "Whats that Wop doing wearing a shamrock on his jacket? Does he think he can get away with insulting the green like that?" By the time I got to school I was green and black and blue. Happened every year I was in high school. Luckily I never had to repeat a year!! By the way, Does anybody here know what "WOP" stands for ? HINT: It's really an acronym.

Not being Italian, I had no idea and looked it up.

"Contrary to what some may think or have read, "Wop" isn't an acronym for "With Out Papers", but was derived from an Italian word "guappo", which means thug."

Is that true?

The husband had just finished reading a new book entitled, "You Can Be The Man Of Your House." He stormed to his wife in the kitchen and announced, "From now on, you need to know that I am the man of this house and my word is Law. You will prepare me a gourmet meal tonight, and when I'm finished eating my meal, you will serve me a sinful dessert. After dinner, you are going to go upstairs with me and we will have the kind of sex that I want. Afterwards, you are going to draw me a bath so I can relax. You will wash my back and towel me dry and bring me my robe. Then, you will massage my feet and hands. Then tomorrow, guess who's going to dress me and comb my hair?

The wife replied, "The fu**ing funeral director would be my first guess."

> I thought you would enjoy this one.
If Everyone is in a hurry to scream "racism" these days!
>
> A man asks: "In what aisle could I find the Polish sausage?"
>
> The clerk looks at him and says, "Are you Polish?"
>
> The guy (clearly offended) says, "Well, yes I am. But let me ask you
> something.
>
> If I had asked for Italian sausage would you ask me if I was Italian?
>
> Or if I had asked for German bratwurst, would you ask me if I was German?
>
> Or if I asked for a kosher hot dog would you ask me if I was Jewish?
>
> Or if I had asked for a Taco would you ask if I was Mexican? Would you?
>
> Would you?"
>
> The clerk says, "Well, no!"
>
> "If I asked for some Irish whiskey, would you ask if I was Irish?"
>
> "Well, I probably wouldn't!"
>
> With deep self-righteous indignation, the guy says, "Well then, why did
> you
> ask me if I'm Polish just because I asked for Polish sausage?"
>
> The clerk replies, "Because you're at Home Depot."

Not being Italian, I had no idea and looked it up.

"Contrary to what some may think or have read, "Wop" isn't an acronym for "With Out Papers", but was derived from an Italian word "guappo", which means thug."

Is that true?
The one I read said it originally came from the Spanish "GUAPO" which meant "Pretty Boy". (I like that one better than the thug definition8) ) Supposedly way back when Spain brought in a lot of Italians to augment the workforce the Spanish men got ticked off because the Italians were picking up all the chics and the Spaniards referred to the Italians as Guapo's. (Now I'll let you in on a secret Matt308, I had to look it up on Google too) :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back