Quotes and Jokes (3 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The people responsible for street signs are a class of idiot of their own as the above examples show.

On a corner near us there was a 75cm sq NO THROUGH ROAD sign until recently which could be read from the top of the crest approaching it (about 100 m/yd away). Walking the dogs it was not unusual to see a vehicle see that sign and slow down enough to turn left (and often ask questions because Google maps said the road went straight ahead for another 5km/3m before joining the highway. Never has and probably never will.

That big easy to read sign has been replaced by this 10cm/4in high sign first taken on my walk this morning from about the drivers seat positiion and then taken from facing straight at it.
1698105154388.png
1698105189413.png
1698105711759.png

100 metres/yards further on is this sign. The road ends another 100 metres later and it is all steep downhill. Had a cop on a bike, obviously new to the area, go past doing well over the 100kmh speed limit. He came back five minutes later very slowly with a lot of shrubbery attached to his bike. I thought we might get the intelligent old sign back after that but no such luck.

1698105441643.png
1698105488865.png

Time, maps music compass calculator games agenda notes documents google lens and very important a gitar tuner. Lots and lots of function besides making a call.

Time, maps music compass calculator games agenda notes documents google lens and very important a gitar tuner. Lots and lots of function besides making a call
My fitbit covers the time and all walking functions including compass (which I never use)

Those struck out either need a connection or are items I never use my phone for. And I do not strum my guitar as I walk. I am a lazy Luddite aren't I.

Time, maps music compass calculator games agenda notes documents google lens and very important a gitar tuner. Lots and lots of function besides making a call
My fitbit covers the time and all walking functions including compass (which I never use)

Those struck out either need a connection or are items I never use my phone for. And I do not strum my guitar as I walk. I am a lazy Luddite aren't I.
Old fashioned you are. But thats ok. Those mobiles are are a fab anyway. They will go a way like hoola hoops in a year or so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back