Quotes and Jokes (3 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The people responsible for street signs are a class of idiot of their own as the above examples show.

On a corner near us there was a 75cm sq NO THROUGH ROAD sign until recently which could be read from the top of the crest approaching it (about 100 m/yd away). Walking the dogs it was not unusual to see a vehicle see that sign and slow down enough to turn left (and often ask questions because Google maps said the road went straight ahead for another 5km/3m before joining the highway. Never has and probably never will.

That big easy to read sign has been replaced by this 10cm/4in high sign first taken on my walk this morning from about the drivers seat positiion and then taken from facing straight at it.

100 metres/yards further on is this sign. The road ends another 100 metres later and it is all steep downhill. Had a cop on a bike, obviously new to the area, go past doing well over the 100kmh speed limit. He came back five minutes later very slowly with a lot of shrubbery attached to his bike. I thought we might get the intelligent old sign back after that but no such luck.

Time, maps music compass calculator games agenda notes documents google lens and very important a gitar tuner. Lots and lots of function besides making a call.

Time, maps music compass calculator games agenda notes documents google lens and very important a gitar tuner. Lots and lots of function besides making a call
My fitbit covers the time and all walking functions including compass (which I never use)

Those struck out either need a connection or are items I never use my phone for. And I do not strum my guitar as I walk. I am a lazy Luddite aren't I.

Old fashioned you are. But thats ok. Those mobiles are are a fab anyway. They will go a way like hoola hoops in a year or so.

Users who are viewing this thread