Quotes and Jokes (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The current Mrs. Buffnut (and likely only ever Mrs. Buffnut) has cause to visit Fort Walton Beach with some frequency on business. During one of her first trips, she referred to FWB as being in Florida. A female colleague who worked there corrected her with a suitable southern drawl, "Honey, this ain't Florida. We're in Lower Alabama." I about lost it when I heard that...but it's stuck with me ever since.

E3F6600B-A75E-4A76-A902-D3A8A26D2B2F.jpeg

The current Mrs. Buffnut (and likely only ever Mrs. Buffnut) has cause to visit Fort Walton Beach with some frequency on business. During one of her first trips, she referred to FWB as being in Florida. A female colleague who worked there corrected her with a suitable southern drawl, "Honey, this ain't Florida. We're in Lower Alabama." I about lost it when I heard that...but it's stuck with me ever since.
being from Pensacola (barely in Florida) this is true. Florida is the only state where the the further south you go the more North you get, except all the way south, that's Cuba (and OK). The further north you get the more South you get. There was a time when West Florida wanted to merge with Alabama. Theory being that Northwest Florida is always ignored by the rest because, while the white beaches are beautiful, Florida has tons of beaches but Alabama only has a few and really develops those (red neck Riviera). Proud to be from West Florida.

I have videos of fires at charging stations and of a windmill self destructing. As this new electric infrastructure matures. they will be more common. All fuel sources have weak points, especially while developing.
As the technology matures, these problems will be ironed out, so should not become common.

In saying that, you still see videos of fires at petrol stations....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back