Quotes and Jokes (3 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

FB_IMG_1674585147480.jpg

Ever hear of the emergency lipstick airdrop?

In WWII, after making a number of perilous airdrops to a hotly contested combat area, a C-47 pilot was told he needed to make another drop. He thought this unfair but took off. His crew informed him that the package was only one small crate, and it contained nothing but lipstick.

The tired and angry pilot railed against people who thought they could put him and his crew in danger just for some treats to give to the local ladies, but he flew the mission and delivered the supplies.

When he got back he demanded to know why beauty supplies were so vital. They told him that lipstick was used by the medics to mark wounded troops on their foreheads for triage.

When we rented a truck to move into our house in Torrance CA, my friend pulled the truck into the driveway and soon after we discovered the rental agency had thoughtfully provided a fire in the cargo compartment to ensure that we did not get too cold during the move. My friend pulled the truck out into the street to get it away from the house and then ran next door to call the fire department. I saw that the fire was not the vehicle itself but was what proved to be the moving blankets; the rental agency guy had been smoking and dropped a lit cigarette into the blankets. I took two jugs of water into the back of the truck and put out the fire. The next door neighbor, who was Asian, helpfully stood there with his garden hose and sprayed water that hit maybe 30 feet away.

We literally had a Chinese Fire Drill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back