Quotes and Jokes (6 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

FB_IMG_1680281751216.jpg

Yeah. Aus is coming out with some really wanker laws. Starting to put the US in the shade for idiot rules and regulations and that really is saying something

Recall those cameras that had a sonic rangefinder to allow autofocus? I said back then that we could combine one of those with cruise control to create an automatic tailgator. Dial in how close you want to be and relax.

I do think that a lot of tailgating is caused by drivers not wanting to have to pay attention and instead just focus on the car ahead. In fact I can recalls specific cases in which it was obvious the car behind me was doing that. That may make sense with cars driving slowly in dense fog or very heavy rain, but when it is CAVU and youa re doing 60 MPH plus it is insane.

Recall those cameras that had a sonic rangefinder to allow autofocus? I said back then that we could combine one of those with cruise control to create an automatic tailgator. Dial in how close you want to be and relax.

I do think that a lot of tailgating is caused by drivers not wanting to have to pay attention and instead just focus on the car ahead. In fact I can recalls specific cases in which it was obvious the car behind me was doing that. That may make sense with cars driving slowly in dense fog or very heavy rain, but when it is CAVU and youa re doing 60 MPH plus it is insane.

When driving on the interstate, I leave a good 3 seconds between me and the car in front. Looking across at other lanes, I frequently see 3 cars occupying the same space as my 3-sec gap, all going at 70+ mph.

Wholeheartedly agree with the insanity comment!

I have found drivers on the interstate using their phones come up behind you and do not change to the left lane and pass. I then bump the cruise control slowly slower to see how distracted they are. Usually at around 45 mph they figure it out and pass. I have pointed out to others with me one can tell when the driver in front of me uses his phone because he slows 10mph. I pass, then when he finishes his call, here he comes flying by and a few minutes later, there his on his phone again and I pass. This can go on for miles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back