RAF museum Hendon 2011

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

rochie

Staff
Mod
ok here is some pics from the RAF museum in Hendon, there are a lot of great exhibits there but i think some of the displays are presented in badly lit hall's that made taking pictures very difficult for me so i have had to junk a lot of pictures i took !
but on we go
gate guardians

Great stuff Karl. Got to agree about the lighting - somewhere, I've got some 35 mm transparencies, taken in the mid 1980s, when the layout and lighting was great. No flash needed, hand held, and the exhibits at more 'camera friendly' angles. I hope they improve this situation when the 'new' museum goes ahead.

One of the best museums I have ever been to. Right up their with the National Air and Space Museum in Washington.

I posted up some pretty nice pics as well in a thread I did when I went to London the last time back in October 10. Most of my pics turned out pretty good and very light (except those in the bomber hall because I had the settings wrong on my camera).

Love the history behind the Australian Hudson Bomber. Shooting down a Japanese Sally Bomber sounds very interesting. I wonder if a Bomber shooting down another Bomber happened all that much, or was it fairly common occurance to do during the war?

Great pictures Karl. Thanks for sharing them with us.
Did you manage any in the Lancaster bomber hall? Chris I have failed to get a decent photo there...
Cheers
John

Great pictures Karl. Thanks for sharing them with us.
Did you manage any in the Lancaster bomber hall? Chris I have failed to get a decent photo there...
Cheers
John

no sorry i didnt manage a decent picture in there, was gutted as i took loads of the Lanc, B-24 and Fairy Battle and all are crap to be honest

Users who are viewing this thread