Real Stupidity

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

For somebody who doesn't know military aircraft and didn't know what country that could be scary.

I would be scared too if planes were buzzing the pier. The pilots were probably trying to be hots*it....... dumba$$es

News must be slow if its just taken this long to reach headlines! Still....pilots are idiots. Guess they don't screen for common sense at the Academy anymore.

News must be slow if its just taken this long to reach headlines! Still....pilots are idiots. Guess they don't screen for common sense at the Academy anymore.
Actually there's a lot going on with these 2 numbnuts that I really don't want to comment on at the present time but their actions had implications that reached into my father in law's accident.

Holy crap, Joe, I had no idea! My sincere appologies, bro. I wouldn't do that intentionally. I hope those two fartblockers are grounded, at least?

That was a real idiotic stunt they pulled.

They didn't even take into consideration that grandstanding like that held potential for danger to the people on the ground in the event of mechanical failure and/or pilot error. Coming head-on at the pier like that, and sucking up a gull could have had instant and catastrophic consequences...

When people pull stuff like this, it blows it for everyone else :(

Holy crap, Joe, I had no idea! My sincere appologies, bro. I wouldn't do that intentionally. I hope those two fartblockers are grounded, at least?

No worries my friend, but the pot is still boiling, there's going to be a lot more to come.

Compare what they did to what Doug Gilliss is being hung for!

That's no sh!t Joe. The inconsistencies and lack of clarity from the FAA, especially in Southern California, is disturbing to me. I completely agree that some of the cowboys who fly shoudl not be. But I would say that a much larger majority of warbird owners and operators fly safely and within regulations.

What these two yutzes did was make it tough on everyone else.

"According to FAA and National Transportation Safety Board records, Riggs and a second pilot, Skip Holm, left Van Nuys Airport on Nov. 6, each flying an L-39. Holm was in a Canadian-registered plane that Riggs had leased, FAA officials say.

The plan was to do four passes of the Santa Monica coast at a safe altitude as a third small plane flew nearby, towing a promotional banner for the movie "Kerosene Cowboys."

FAA and NTSB documents show that Riggs flew away from the other two planes and made low passes at the pier and along the beach before Holm told him over the radio to "knock it off." Riggs concluded the flight by pulling into a steep climb just before he would have hit the pier, videotapes show." ~ LA Times

Everyone is saying is that both pilots were 'numbnuts', etc., but it doesn't seem that Holm was operating his a/c in an unsafe manner. I know that the a/c involved are operationally restricted, but did Holm actually violate any regulations?

It's not a rhetorical question I'm asking. I'm genuinely curious as to the legalities involved.

JL

PS: Another thing: Are there any restrictions in regard to posting properly attributed excerpts of copyrighted material on this site?

Everyone is saying is that both pilots were 'numbnuts', etc., but it doesn't seem that Holm was operating his a/c in an unsafe manner. I know that the a/c involved are operationally restricted, but did Holm actually violate any regulations?

It's not a rhetorical question I'm asking. I'm genuinely curious as to the legalities involved.

JL

PS: Another thing: Are there any restrictions in regard to posting properly attributed excerpts of copyrighted material on this site?
Depending who you talk to Holm may or may not be an innocent bystander. He's had his run ins with the FAA as well.

http://www.ntsb.gov/alj/O_n_O/docs/AVIATION/5436.PDF

Read page 27....

As far as your second question, what specifically are you talking about? The video clip?

No, not the link to the clip. I mean excerpts like the quote from the LA Times I posted.

Some discussion boards will remove any copyrighted material that's posted. They only allow links and VERY small excerpts.

JL

EDIT: Thanks for the link. I'll check it out tomorrow. My a$$ is draggin' and i gotta' crash...

No, not the link to the clip. I mean excerpts like the quote from the LA Times I posted.

Some discussion boards will remove any copyrighted material that's posted. They only allow links and VERY small excerpts.

JL

EDIT: Thanks for the link. I'll check it out tomorrow. My a$$ is draggin' and i gotta' crash...

No worries about the quotes...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back