Recent Purchases

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Another Norway based machine with a crew that's MIA....

19.07.41, Z-Staffel I./JG 77, Bf 110 C-4, Wk. Nr. 3588, LN+DR, shot down by AA-fire around Warlamowo, crew, (F) Lt. Dietrich Klappenbach MIA (Bf) Gefr. Rudolf Methke MIA....

Like the look for that 110 - do Eduard do good kits? Don't think I've ever come across one.

I have got this...

IMG_0620.jpg

... to be able to do this...

seavixen.jpg

Like the look for that 110 - do Eduard do good kits? Don't think I've ever come across one.

I've only got one Eduard kit - an Me 410 Profipack in 1:72 scale. Just based on what I can see in the box, the kit is brilliant with a lot of detail. Don't know how it will all fit together. Based on what I've read in passing from other folks, their kits are really good. As with every manufacturer there is probably an exception or two.

Nice one CK. The yellow and red drone on the box is possibly one of those from Llanbedr - had a look around it when I was there on 'business' a few years back . Airfix are bringing out a 1/48th 'Vixen later this yare. I think I've got some details and profiles on the Sea Vixen if you need them.

Nice one CK. The yellow and red drone on the box is possibly one of those from Llanbedr - had a look around it when I was there on 'business' a few years back . Airfix are bringing out a 1/48th 'Vixen later this yare. I think I've got some details and profiles on the Sea Vixen if you need them.

It is (or was) indeed a Llanbedr bird. I know that part of the world pretty well becasue when the missus and I were "courting" we used to go camping on Shell island, right next door. Beautiful spot. The airfield closed in 2004 but apparently there is a move to reopen it as a commercial airfield.

This particular Vixen is all over the aviation mags this month. After FAA service it was a Llanbedr drone and then eventually was sponsored by Red Bull for a while, it was decent of the loopy juice manufacturer to stump up the money but did they really have to splash their logo all over it?

RBSV.jpg

Yuck. Anyway, now thankfully restored to its FAA colours.

Maybe Red Bull should get in touch with the Vulcan To The Sky people... imagine that beast painted up like a bleeding racing car... :rolleyes:

Just got these in the mail. An Ar-66 and Do-17P from RS models and a set of Ju 88 decals from AirDocs. (also a colored photo-etch set for the Tamiya P-51D - not shown) . All in 1:72

Attachments

• AIRM7210.jpg
    AIRM7210.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 70
  • 92026%20Do%2017%20P%20West%20front.jpg
    92026%20Do%2017%20P%20West%20front.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 65
  • 92026%20krabice.jpg
    92026%20krabice.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 69
  • 92052.jpg
    92052.jpg