Recent Purchases

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

15-20 you think !
thats got to be from a bloke who's wife thinks he has to many boxes of plastic stashed around the house

Well...that's just the 1/72 stuff!...got 1/48 up the wazoo man... and the missus knows where it's all stashed....so i'm always in the sh!t......it's just the depth that varies!!

....Lucky b@stard Jan!!!

Last edited:
Even comes with decals for the instrument panel, never seen that before with Eduard..... Details for the rear of the engine looks great too..... This one will be fun to build!

Something I don't understand, guys... Why don't you use Tamiya paints ? In Québec City they are about the same price as Humbrol or Model Master... And they are not as tick as Model Master... So easier on the brushes.

Well Tamiya are not fun to brush with, enamels are much easier to get an even and flat finish.

Once I get an airbrush I will probably try out Tamiyas more.

Great score Jan!

Needed to get out the house so treked over to a hobby store and picked up 7 model master paints. Mainly a few RLM colours so I can do more luftwaffe birds. Im slowly replacing my newer humbrols with model master, seems the only decent replacement.

Same thing here Alex. Slowly replacing Testors 1/4 oz jars with ModelMaster and Polly Scale Acrylics.

Got this for my birthday! Not this scheme, but it doesn't matter as I've already ordered decals for CF-18s, which I will be doing it up as.

make sure you don't forget the searchlight this is the best pic I have of it but it is standard on all the CF18 , You'll 1/2 of it on the left of the pic

Attachments

• 2009_0621thomasst0009 1.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 73
make sure you don't forget the searchlight this is the best pic I have of it but it is standard on all the CF18 , You'll 1/2 of it on the left of the pic

Thanks, don't worry, I won't. It doesn't tell you in the plans, but it did actually come with the light, so that'll make life easier.

By the way, I love that pilot's nickname! I remember seeing it on Jetstream!

Just got back from the local Air Museum! They have a lot of models on consignment, and some at really good prices, so it's hardly a surprise I came back with something.

I'm used to seeing the Hasegawa jets at $70+, but I got this for $35! They also had a RF-4E, which normally I'd buy in a heartbeat, but only if it wasn't an R. I just can't stand the nose. Oh well, I'm pretty happy with it!

I'll save this for the Cold War build.

I've been looking everywhere for an F-104G, I want to do a CF-104. I bought the decals today as well for it. That's two models in a row that I've bought decals for planes I don't even have yet (though I got the F-18 today)!
some nice decals on Ebay for RCAF F86's

Users who are viewing this thread