Recent Purchases (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Seems you're right. Never knew Airfix went as far as to do special kits for their club-members (as far as plastic goes). Just figured it was the same basic (retail) kit with limited edition decals or something. But it seems they tooled a special fuselage for that one, maybe it's could be of use for future kits. Must have been this kit Crimea_River spotted at the show.
100_2206.jpg

Last edited:
It's possible the wing for my 190 or my Barracuda came already, as I received a note saying something is waiting for me at the post office. Problem is I forgot to check the mail on Friday and it's closed on weekends so I have to wait till tomorrow.

Will repost, need to check something.

EDIT: OK, checking back, I think my notes from the show were mixed up. Seems there was a Spit XVI in exactly the black scheme in the Airfix profile of Jelmer's thread but my notes say it was an Occidental kit. Is it possible they bought the molds? My notes do say there was and Airfix Spit XII there. I'll get all these posted eventually over at the thread covering the show.

Last edited:
I doubt Occidental bought the airfix molds. I believe the Occidental Spit MK.XVI is a product of their own making (which in turn has also been released by Italeri) By looking at the decals that come with the Italeri re-boxing of the Occidental kit (the very pale British roundels and flag on the horizontal stabilizer) I think the Italeri reboxing of the Occidental kit can be build into the same striking black scheme. Dunno about the original Occidental release, but that's as far as I've come. The Airfix Spit XII has been out for a few months I think, so it's very possible you've seen it there. Interesting to see the guys in red do a little less known Spit.

Great scores guys!

Jelmer, thanks for that info too re the Do 17. You mentioned aftermarket stuff for the Do 215 - do you know if there's a PE set for the cockpit?
as for the canopies, was thinking of trying to fit my Falcon Do 17Z vacform items.

Don't know other than it's a prototype, I'm just in a mood to try different kinds of planes other than the same ol same ol. And I just want to try and improve my skills with these limited run kits and I think they look interesting too.

So, on a bit of a shopping frenzy today

For yet another nightfighter project...the ICM Do-215B-5
icm72302.jpg

A bunch of master-model MG-FF/MG-17 sets to replace a few kitparts on both this Do-215 and the Do-217 I bought earlier. With the noses of both planes bristling with guns I figured it wouldnt hurt to make these look good.
AM-72-009_1_200x200.jpg

A few single OWL-decal sets to piece together the right fuselage code on the Do-215.

...and a few tools I need for rescribing panel-lines.

I looked for FuG202 aerials in 1/72 and found an airwaves PE set exists, but it was sold out. Been toying around with the idea to complete the aerials now by using some of my old mans guitar strings (the plain ones that is, not the wound ones)

Last edited:
Will be soon guys, will be soon. Maybe earlier than originally thought as I may put the 110 on a stand, which cuts a few things out.

In other news, my Barracuda came today! Should be cool once all done up. Packaged well by the sender too, enough bubble wrap to keep a Kindergarten entertained for a day...

A few small thingys came through today.

One of the things I've wanted to try for a while was the Model Master buffable metalizer paints. I want to try and use them mostly for small components such as exhausts and gunbarrels (I've read they are rather fragile, so for an overall natural metal finish I guess I'll turn to a smelly Alclad operation)

While I was at it I also ordered the 'new' "fix Spit Mk.I/IIa. I like to have a few of these new tool 1/72 Airfix kits around for their simplicity if more complicated projects bog me down. I liked doing the earlier release of the MK.I and the MK IX is pretty decent too for the fun of it. The red folks tooled an extra sprue for this new release to do the early 2-blade prop version and rotol prop/blunt spinner version, so another one in the stash seems like a good idea.

Attachments

• spit I_IIa.JPG
    spit I_IIa.JPG
    57.3 KB · Views: 53
  • metalizers.JPG
    metalizers.JPG
    52.7 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
jjl_pn wrote:

One of the things I've wanted to try for a while was the Model Master buffable metalizer paints. I want to try and use them mostly for small components such as exhausts and gunbarrels (I've read they are rather fragile, so for an overall natural metal finish I guess I'll turn to a smelly Alclad operation)​

You can use a sealer over the top that will fix the Metalliser. Model Master make this also. HTH.

By the way, my D-9 arrived in the post (Woo Hoo!) along with an A-5 I purchased at the time. Bought them both from Hannants for 19 and 12 British Pounds, which I reckon is a bargain compared to the LHSs here in Perth, which would charge around the $80-90 AUS for these I would guess. I don't go there much anymore.....:( .... except to sniff the paint and glue. :D8)

Also bought these other interesting items - generic USAAF instruments and cockpit placards, plus these Seatbelts from HGW. Don't know how they will go, but will try them on my next project, which more than likely will be another P-47, as I now have quite a collection of those Hasegawa ones and I have a few bits and pieces for them on the way.

Cheers

Peter

Attachments

• D9 and A5.jpg
    D9 and A5.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 51
  • accessories USAAF decals and belts.jpg
    accessories USAAF decals and belts.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 49

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back