Recent Purchases

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

It's not a Dora, but I picked this one up.

Attachments

• P4154694.JPG
    P4154694.JPG
    87.6 KB · Views: 54
Just won one of these on Ebay!

2551-large.jpg

Paid a bit more than I wanted, but still $20 under original retail so I can't complain too much. Someone actually tied my bid with a few seconds left, but apparently I won? :lol: Ugly plane, but I think it's pretty cool. Will do it as a British Pacific Fleet bird.

As I was cleaning up my hobbyroom the other day I came across a coupon I still had to use. Got it while taking part in a 24-hour building marathon. Provided you made it through the 24H you got a coupon for a LHS that sponsored the event. With a long weekend I figured I'd go there and see if they there were some good kits to be had.

While I almost exclusively build WO2 subjects I little something different from time to time isn't bad (and good for taking a break from other more intense and difficult projects) Having build this revell Hunter kit before I knew it was an excellent little kit, lots of value for money....and let's face it....the Hunter is one of the most elegant jets ever to have flown, at least to me....on top it has markings for an a/c based on Leeuwarden, so a bit of a hometown gig also.

To go with it an Italeri DO-217 nightfighter. Looks like it's an aging kit with fine raised details, but as far as mainstream kits go, there's not much to choose from when it comes down to Do-217 I believe. It may be an aging kit, but I'm sure something nice can be made out of it. Should the need arise I might go into scribing the panel-lines.

On top, it's a lovely little city so after I did my business had a nice cup a coffee on a sunny terrace overlooking the lake next to the city. Watching a boat race with typical late 19th century/early 20th century classic sailingboats. All in all a lovely afternoon out with some interesting kits for free :)

Attachments

• huntert.JPG
    huntert.JPG
    94 KB · Views: 53
  • do-217.JPG
    do-217.JPG
    85 KB · Views: 48

Users who are viewing this thread

Back