Recent Purchases (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Great scores Jelmer!

The only other Do 217 kits I know of are the (terrible) Airfix E-4 (boxed with like-wise terrible PM model Me 328, in Mistel configuration as flight tested), and the various other Italeri kits (E-2/3/4, K-1, K-2, M(?), N-1, N-2). There may possibly be limited run kits around aswell though.

That's what I've gathered sofar as well A4K. It may be a bit of an aging kit (at least in terms of technology used to make it), but I think it does have potential to be 'upgraded' a bit by means of re-scribing the panel-lines, complete the radar aerials (the very fine vertical aerials are not included in this kit, so I figure some very thin wire or brass-like material needs to be used to complete the aerial) and maybe spice up the office a bit by means of some scratch-building.....as it is rather bare as is.

yep, I agree they have potential - I have the Italeri Do 217N-1 (back in NZ), and Do 217K-2 here. Both quite nice IMO.

Surprising how the Do 17/ 215/ 217 family haven't had much attention until recently. The only kits I knew of for the 217 were those previously mentioned, and for the Do 17 the Airfix E/F and Z versions. (Russian company Maquette did a 17M too, I think-?)
Luckily more (and technologically up to date) kits exist now: ICM do the Do 215B-4, B-5, (and P?), and RS Models a number of Do 17s (K, L, and M if I remember right)

Anyway, look forward to these builds!

The ICM 215B is very much on my wanted-list as well. Have another Leeuwarden nightfighter project in mind for that one, as a 215B-5 was involved in one of the first (if not THE first) intercepts with airborne radar made by a German nightfighter in august '41 (by Ludwig 'Der Professor' Becker). Found a full transcript (and a photocopy of the original German document) in one of my books mentioning the type, fuselage code and Werk.Nr of the plane involved, so nothing in the way of doing that one too.

Last edited:
So nice score for you too Terry...? :)

Jelmer, went to a modelshop I'd heard about for ages but not visited today - guess what, Revell do a Do 17Z-2 now!!! (I have to get this kit!)
They also had an ICM Do 215B-4 and two ICM Do 215B-5s...if you can't get one there, I'll grab one for you here.
(I have the 215B-4 btw. Quite nice for the most part, going by reviews, problem areas to be tackled being fit of certain parts, weakness of undercarriage legs, bad quality of canopy and nose glazing, and mainplanes needing to be reduced in width by about 2mm.)

My latest, from above mentioned shop - Zvezda 1/72 Mil Mi-24 V/VP/E Hind (with full interior, including engines!)

STA52765.JPG
STA52767.JPG

Last edited:
That there are!
Should be a fun build, going to make her a Hungarian bird...

(Btw Dirk, you should get the 262 antennas around Thursday or so)

@ A4K
I've seen the Revell Do-17 as well in a shop nearby. Been tempted to buy it, but I wasn't sure if it was a new kit or maybe a reboxing of an old matchbox or Monogram kit. So I looked it up, and I think it's an old Monogram kit.

As for the 215B-5. I think I'm gonna order it at Hannants or the 'Dutch' Hannants (AviationMegaStore) together with some aftermarker goodies I have in mind (not just for the Do-215B but also for the Do-217 I bought just now) . Need to work something out the the FuG radar aerials for both kits and I figured with the nose of both a/c very prominently bristling with guns a few brass replacements for the MG-FF and/or MG-17 wouldn't hurt either. The ICM kit could probaly also use a vacu-form replacement for the clearparts (should such exist)

Nice catch with the Hind BTW :). Good bunch of plastic for such a small scale

Last edited:
Spent a WHOPPING 18 bucks at the model show yesterday and picked up a 1/48 Airfix Stuka and 1/48 Tamiya P-51B. Not bad! Looked really hard at a Dragon Ju 188 but ended up walking away as difficult as that was.

Good catch Crimea River! The Tamiya P-51 works well all the time, and I'm sure the Stuka can be turned into something great as well (aging as the kit may be) Come to think of Airfix....I think their new 1/48 Seafire F.XVII came out as well just now (at least I think it's new-tool). Hope some sprue shots show up sometime soon. I'd be interested to see how these sit, and hope their Seafire 47 will soon be re-released as well. With that last kit being largely based on their amazing F.22/24 is has to be a truly amazing kit as well.

MK. XVI? Is that yet another new-tool Spit release from the folks in red?

Spent a WHOPPING 18 bucks at the model show yesterday and picked up a 1/48 Airfix Stuka and 1/48 Tamiya P-51B. Not bad! Looked really hard at a Dragon Ju 188 but ended up walking away as difficult as that was.

Same thing happened this weekend. I was about to get one and then just said "eh whatever"

I bought nothing model related this weekend because I think there were too much overpriced stuff. .

I know about the Airfix 1/48 MK.IX/XVI kit which is a bit of a mixed bag I believe and has been around since '06 I think, but it's not a low-back version.

Ah. I seem to recall there was a 'Limited' Edition' kit of the low-back MkXVI, for the Airfix Club or something, one of the schemes being all black. Maybe it's that one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back