Recent Purchases (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Another minor addition to the stash.

After checking out the ICM 1/72 Do-215B-5 and the truly horrible state of the plastic of that kit I wanted to look into other ways of building some of the obscure Do-17/215 nightfighters. The first thing that came to my mind was to use the Revell rebox of the aging Monogram Do-17Z-2 kit as a basis for conversions, and see if that can be put to use with some of the usable parts of the 215 kit. The was on sale at my LHS...so easy money

The plastic is definately showing it's age, but fit of the big parts is very good overall and seems like a solid base for a conversion...and on top some of the ICM parts require only very minor surgery to fit on this kit. First conversion I have in mind is a 'Kauz II' using one of the two nose parts of the ICM kit on this Revell/Monogram kit. I think with some additional surgery I should be able to turn it into a 215B-5 'Kauz III' as well, but the 'Kauz II' seems like a good starting point for the moment.

Another little kit I found to be on sale was what appears to be the excellent 1/72 Revell P-47D.

Attachments

• P-47.JPG
    P-47.JPG
    81 KB · Views: 85
  • Do-17.JPG
    Do-17.JPG
    94.2 KB · Views: 93
I went on pretty serious shopping-spree the other day.

The revell/monogram 1/48 Dornier Do-217
5526bt.jpg

And since I've developed a bit of a weak spot for nightfighters lately....I contacted Bill Koster and ordered the KAE Do-217 Nightfighter conversion set to go with it. Pretty serious stuff with Vacu-form parts, white metal parts, resin, and PE. Probably won't start this one until I'm snowbound for two months straight sometime in December/January or something. Replacing the BMW eniges with DB ones and putting a totally different nose on sure will be a daunting task
boxart.jpg

I agree with Evan, looking forward to seeing this one come together. let me know if you need any cockpit pics etc, as I think I should have some.

@ Airframes
I think I have a few books on the Do-17/215/217 in PDF format somewhere stored on my HD. I went through those quickly and there are some pretty good pics of the office in there, so I don't think I'll need them, but I'll keep it in mind for sure.

OK, no problem. BTW, I should get the Spitfire parts off to you this week. Haven't got a spare oil cooler bath, but I'll include a sketch and plan of what it looks like.

OK, no problem. BTW, I should get the Spitfire parts off to you this week. Haven't got a spare oil cooler bath, but I'll include a sketch and plan of what it looks like.

OK, thanks for the heads up on the parts. I'll work something out for the oil cooler bath.

Some more additions to my 1/700 Waterline Series Japanese Navy and One for the USN too!

Attachments

• WL_IJN Kaga_5379.jpg
    WL_IJN Kaga_5379.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 80
  • WL_IJN Taiho_5383.jpg
    WL_IJN Taiho_5383.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 80
  • WL_IJN Zuikaku_5376.jpg
    WL_IJN Zuikaku_5376.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 82
  • WL_USN Arizona-5385.jpg
    WL_USN Arizona-5385.jpg