Reno starting on a sad note

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

evangilder

"Shooter"
Sep 17, 2004
Moorpark, CA
www.vg-photo.com
N.J. pilot flying 'Little Lynn' when it crashed

An accomplished 32-year-old aerobatic pilot and flight instructor died Saturday morning after the wings of her single engine-plane snapped off while rolling the aircraft through the air near Reno Stead Airport.

Erica Simpson died when her airplane, "Little Lynn," crashed at 9 a.m. while undergoing a check ride to certify her and her home-built plane for the upcoming air races, Reno Championship Air Race officials said.

N.J. pilot flying 'Little Lynn' when it crashed | www.rgj.com | Reno Gazette-Journal

Joe, you be careful out there buddy. Keep an eye out for everyone.

As exciting as Reno is every year, I always get nervous before it. I have a lot of friends going up this year to race and last year was not a good year for it.

The Reno Air Races are on the edge of the performance envelope.
She died doing what she loves... we should all be so lucky. Lets hope that they're no more fatalities this year,

Home-built planes are a risky bussines, my sympathies.

icon_salut.gif

Hey folks - I have limited time on the Internet, working my butt off - I'll post on my other Reno thread. I heard they lightened up the wings on her aircraft and she went out to test it. I spoke to a couple of guys on a formula team who saw it and they said the wings literary snapped off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back