Revell Ju-52 Air Ambulance, Poland 1940

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Is this kity the 1/48th version ? I've got the 1/48th version and started to make it then stopped when i saw that all the windows are seperate ! I can just see me getting glue on one of the windows then its binned.

ian.

Is this kity the 1/48th version ? I've got the 1/48th version and started to make it then stopped when i saw that all the windows are seperate ! I can just see me getting glue on one of the windows then its binned.

ian.

Hi Ian,

For the fuselage windows they are all in one row as a giant rectangle, not seperate. And thanks Wayne!

I just got my first clear part in without getting glue on it!! Yeah!!

It was just a window to the cabin doors that won't be seen when done but still! Now I know how to get them on!

If you're worried about getting glue/cement on small window transparencies, either in 'strip' form or as individual items, there are a couple of ways tp solve this.
1) Place the window(s) in position and, using a thin, old brush, put a very small drop of thin liquid cement on one edge of the recess. The cement should run around the part, in the recess, by cappilliary action. Repeat as/if required.
2) Alternatively, run very thin beads of Micro Kristal Kleer, Humbrol Clear Fix, or PVA adhesive around the reccess, place part, wipe off excess with wet finger, and leave to set (approx 20 minutes). If required, re-inforce with a small spot or two of cement, although this is rarely required, unless handling over the part expected.

Ok... pic one.. instrument panel. All sources say black. Next is add the throttle and what not in between and dry brush a couple instruments.

Then I added the foward bulkhead, cabin doors, and control yolks.

Next up.. drilling holes for seats, and pilot and co pilot seats.

Attachments

• 102_6421.JPG
    102_6421.JPG
    50.2 KB · Views: 132
  • 102_6422.JPG
    102_6422.JPG
    62 KB · Views: 117
  • 102_6423.JPG
    102_6423.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 124
  • 102_6424.JPG
    102_6424.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 145
  • 102_6425.JPG
    102_6425.JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 140
Yes! Yes! Yes!

I crushed the radio operators seat by accident but 3 hours of sanding, gluing and cutting I managed to save it!!! I know some of the experienced modellers are like 'psh thats an easy fix' :lol: but, now I have the self confidence I can do it!

Ok my little being full of myself is over.

Thanks also David.

Looking great H!

Edit: This is the machine that my '52 will become H,

Ju 52/3m, Tr.St.Fl.F. Nord, Wk. Nr 5974, code P4+CH, went MIA on its way from Rovaniemi to Kirkenes 16.11.41,
(F) Fw. Rudolf Pesneck MIA (Bf) Uffz. Wilhelm Klotz MIA (Bs) Ogefr. Wilhelm Grunewald MIA (Bf) Ogefr. Josef Rex MIA In addition, 10 men from Lw. Baubatl. 3/IV posted as missing, alltogether 14 people!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back