Saturn V rocket

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Junkers88A1

Staff Sergeant
Oct 22, 2008
Norway
www.ju88.net
since i am running out of projects.. NOT.. as you guys that know m knows that i have a couple of projects running..like the Ju 88 1:1 scale.. the attack on Norway airport in 1 :72 in 1940.. the Junkers 52 on ice in 1:48..
the Ju 88 in 1:32..and so on i figured i wanted to do a kit i have been wanting to do since i was 7 years old..and i am now turning 40 so its about frigging time.. lol
started tonight with some of the smaller parts.. also painted many of the big ones ( but they are at the moment in the hangar as i painted those there )
this thing will be 114cm tall when done :)

Attachments

• saturn V 001.jpg
    saturn V 001.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 104
  • saturn V 002.jpg
    saturn V 002.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 92
:) i always wanted to do this also.. and its been in my stash for a while so i figured it was about time ( in between all the other projects )
and the 88 in 1:1 is ofcourse timeconsuming and is my main "model" lol ..but one need to do other thinsg as well.. will keep you posted on this build.. it seems to be fairly easy to do.. except the painting and masking out the black areas.. that looks like a hell to do job.. but will put progres pics :)

Nice one Gut! You're right, the masking is a real bind, especially over the ribbed and corrugated areas. I did the Airfix 1/144 scale one, I think the year after the Moon landing, and I still remember trying to get the paint lines straight!

since i am running out of projects.. NOT.. as you guys that know m knows that i have a couple of projects running..like the Ju 88 1:1 scale.. the attack on Norway airport in 1 :72 in 1940.. the Junkers 52 on ice in 1:48..
the Ju 88 in 1:32..and so on i figured i wanted to do a kit i have been wanting to do since i was 7 years old..and i am now turning 40 so its about frigging time.. lol
started tonight with some of the smaller parts.. also painted many of the big ones ( but they are at the moment in the hangar as i painted those there )
this thing will be 114cm tall when done :)

I just finished my Saturn5 with diarama, boy was that work.:D

Attachments

• Saturn 5.JPG
    Saturn 5.JPG
    102.7 KB · Views: 109
  • Saturn 5a.JPG
    Saturn 5a.JPG
    51.4 KB · Views: 106
  • Lem.JPG
    Lem.JPG
    168.3 KB · Views: 102
I just finished my Saturn5 with diarama, boy was that work.:D
Nice job, but I think you could have done a better job on that gold foil on the lander :lol:

Speaking of lander, I had the Lunar Module kit when I was a kid...it had the lander on a moon surface with the command vehicle suspended overhead on a big plastic swoosh-looking thingy! All my friends thought it was the ultimate in cool!

nice dio :) where is that ? i have been and seen the saturn V at kennedy space center but never seen one upright..that must be a replica somewhere as its only two surviving..texas and florida.. but still cool.
and hey..you need to remove the bushes and the lunar surface..its not growing anything up there :)

hehe

and graugeist..the kit you mention has just been re-released..i got it here with the rocket :) hehe

i remember back in 1980 i had the spaceshuttle with the tank and rockets, and also the big mover and the tower..
all my friends thought that was the ultimate cool..i spend one week building it. ( that launch tower was quite a few parts )
to bad it went up with a bang with firecrakers in my youth.. hehe

nice dio :) where is that ? i have been and seen the saturn V at kennedy space center but never seen one upright..that must be a replica somewhere as its only two surviving..texas and florida.. but still cool.
and hey..you need to remove the bushes and the lunar surface..its not growing anything up there :)

hehe

and graugeist..the kit you mention has just been re-released..i got it here with the rocket :) hehe

i remember back in 1980 i had the spaceshuttle with the tank and rockets, and also the big mover and the tower..
all my friends thought that was the ultimate cool..i spend one week building it. ( that launch tower was quite a few parts )
to bad it went up with a bang with firecrakers in my youth.. hehe

Huntsville, Ala., Marshall Space Flight Center. The have descendants of the original German scientist for tour guides.

cool

they actually build a full size replica of the saturn V in upright position ?? :) awsome :) would love to see that :)

hehe

i DO.. but i like to have several things going at once.. multitasking :) and who said men could only do one thing at the time .. hehe
but this will be "in between" other projects :)

made one shi..y mistake..i gleud on the prepainted part with superglue..and when i was masking it i realized that i had glued it on wrong so the black areas dont go correct over the engines.. :(
oh well..might repaint the whole thing one day.. :)

Attachments

• saturn V.jpg
    saturn V.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 85
Great Saturn Rocket. i'll tell you a true story i had the Airfix model years ago and glued it all together and my elder brother went to the shops and brought for real bonfire rockets and taped them to the sides and tied all the fuses together and lit it !!!

It went two foot up in the air went on its side then BLEW UP :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

ian.

now i will let it rest for a couple of days.. so it can set itself in and the paint harden before i paint anymore black on it..still more details to do..

Attachments

• saturn V 003.jpg
    saturn V 003.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 84
cath 22..the stormtrooper is full size..and yes..
i also blew up many kits..at one point i actually integrated the bonefire rockets into the kits you to send them skyhigh...and airguns also did its toll on many star wars toys and other kits.. hmmm..

its nice to build this rocket and its really a nice size

it will do well in my little hobbyroom..and cath 22..here is a picture of my guardian angel who alsways watches over me in my little room of joy :)

and i spoke with revell regarding the old set with the tower and all for the spaceshuttle..those castingforms was lost in the mid 80`s.. i had hoped to see that come back alive also ..

Attachments

• diverse 003.jpg
    diverse 003.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 69

Users who are viewing this thread

Back