Show Us Your Artwork! (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

This one is almost complete, I will post in when it is done. Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• thekamikaze_230112.jpg
    thekamikaze_230112.jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 201
Here are few selections...used to be a commercial artist before I turned to flying full time. Still paint once in a while

jim

soasjpg.jpg

My A-2
487fs.jpg

352nd FG
p401.jpg

Full Scale P-40 panel constructed from aluminum and painted as a 23rd FG a/c
Must1.jpg

Full Scale P-51 cowling...made from aluminum...Don Gentile
DSC_6223-1.jpg

my other passion in life is playing guitar...this is Jimmy Page

Last edited:
Completed on the weekend. Pencil on acid-free Strathmore drawing paper, 11" x 14". Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• thekamikaze_300112.jpg
    thekamikaze_300112.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 240
Wow! Nice drawing. It could either be the emotion of a kamikaze, or just the look of a fighter pilot, scanning the skies for bogies. The cool part is that it could be interpreted either way, which means you have created a great piece.

Urban L."Ben"Drew flew a P-47N "682" SN 44-88492 named Detroit Miss 2 out of Iwo Jima in 1945. This is my best guess as to how the "logo" may have looked on his "Jug", the only difference being the bomb graphic being removed from behind the logo. In this case the type is not reversed out but painted black in keeping with the shiny, clean finish and no camouflage. The tail would be yellow with a black vertical bar behind the "star bar" insignia. I plan to do a version of this in color.

Attachments

• DC-242-2446.jpg
    DC-242-2446.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 187

Users who are viewing this thread

Back