Show Us Your Artwork! (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I don't have much to say on other threads but I can add to this one. Done in my youth, and the only two of my pictures not lost over the years.

Pat.jpg

My first wife.

Sue Woods.jpg

Sue Woods, Australian model

Sorry about the double exposure. What did I do wrong?

Unfortunately, my eyes aren't what they were and I seldom draw these days.

Attachments

• Pat.jpg
    Pat.jpg
    675 KB · Views: 279
  • Sue Woods.jpg
    Sue Woods.jpg
    536.5 KB · Views: 264
Last edited:
Good stuff guys. With a couple of days off, I may pull out the sketch book and do some more drawing. I haven't done much since 2005. I draw from my own photos, but I can't do it unless I convert them to black and white. I guess it's just the way my brain works.

Back when Rich Ferson had his T-6.
SNJFerdon.jpg

One of the museum docents, Jim Hinkelman after his ride in the SNJ.
checkride.jpg

I got inspired yesterday morning to pick up my drawing pencils for the first time in 6 years and did this pencil sketch. I may do more today. We are leaving for Universal Studio at about 7 this morning (they open at 8). Since they are open, we have something to do besides go to the movies. When we get back, I may do more.

Attachments

• xDSC_1760.jpg
    xDSC_1760.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 225
Pic looks familiar. Maybe in a puzzle? :)

Great stuff! I never was really able to do static stuff like buildings or objects. More landscapes and flights of fancy.

I've always been a little intrigued by the story of the Kamikaze's plight and*the sense of isolation that they must have felt in so futile a cause. Apparently not all of them were in total commitment to the tactics that were asked of them either, and it is hard to imagine what they went through, some of them as young as 17 years of age. Many flew their missions because the social pressures on them were great, and they could not back down. I would like to get across a portrait of stoic resignation in the individual, the pilot alone with his thoughts before his final mission, perhaps thinking of his loved ones. In the meantime, I 've started the piece in pencil and I would like to eventually complete a version in acrylics. Patience will be required with this one for me but I hope to progress on it steadily.

Attachments

• thekamikaze_09JAN12.jpg
    thekamikaze_09JAN12.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 217
Last edited:
I've always been a little intrigued by the story of the Kamikaze's plight and*the sense of isolation that they must have felt in so futile a cause. Apparently not all of them were in total commitment to the tactics that were asked of them either, and it is hard to imagine what they went through, some of them as young as 17 years of age. Many flew their missions because the social pressures on them were great, and they could not back down. I would like to get across a portrait of stoic resignation in the individual, the pilot alone with his thoughts before his final mission, perhaps thinking of his loved ones. In the meantime, I 've started the piece in pencil and I would like to eventually complete a version in acrylics. Patience will be required with this one for me but I hope to progress on it steadily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back