Show Us Your Artwork!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

dang sgt peppers crap from too long ago, yes I remember the psycho times, the nudes in art 301 class, everyone loaded barely able to hold a soft leaded pencil............

you guys are brave showing your work but good for you, I majored in art; more still lifes and landscapes, never did appeal to me to do aircraft or anything military wise. will put up some of my ink/pencil and watercolors sometime soon once I dig them ou and things quiet down here on the home front

When I saw those Chris all I could think about was some of those trips back then in the late 70's,the magical kind :D.Yep.Cheers Kevin

Just found this one that I did when I was 12 or 13 years old. Guess what my interest was? :)

Attachments

• b17a.jpg
    b17a.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 259
Some great talent, here... I haven't drawn since... since I left my industrial drawing class in summer 2002.

Geez... 8 friggin years ! It's weird since I used to draw a lot when I was a kid/teenager. I'll see if there is anything in my old scrapbooks worth posting.

Didn't remember my drawings were that bad... :shock: I do remember that, when I was in high-school, I wanted to become a cartoonist (this explains the basic facial expressions of my characters).

The two first "artworks" (yeah, I'm a little ashamed to call that "art") were drawn in the school year of 2000-2001. The next two in late 2001 and I've drawn the last two yesterday. (I wanted to check if I had lost anything during those past 8 years.)

Yep... I wanted to become a cartoonist before realizing I lacked talent in drawing, so I decided to try as a writer... Which didn't work so well, if you take in account the number of books I've sold. I then took a two-years course to become an industrial drawer (that's like being the engineer's assistant), which I left after one year... Being too weak in maths.

What's the moral of that story, kids ? Don't f*ck up in class, or you're gonna end up working as a security officer... Like myself.

Attachments

• DSCN0661.JPG
    DSCN0661.JPG
    82.4 KB · Views: 244
  • DSCN0662.JPG
    DSCN0662.JPG
    68.4 KB · Views: 244
  • DSCN0665.JPG
    DSCN0665.JPG
    70.3 KB · Views: 241
  • DSCN0666.JPG
    DSCN0666.JPG
    83.7 KB · Views: 222
  • DSCN0667.JPG
    DSCN0667.JPG
    66.8 KB · Views: 242
  • DSCN0668.JPG
    DSCN0668.JPG
    84.8 KB · Views: 239
Last edited:
What's the moral of that story, kids ? Don't f*ck up in class, or you're gonna end up working as a security officer... Like myself.

or a dog catcher like me! :)

Maestro I was going to do the exact same thing but life changed stuff. Went from drawing to writing - no success. At least you have a book finished. I must have about 30 manuscripts around here half completed. The only writing I've fin is the "Get Lucky" thread!

and here are some more pics from a comic book I did 30 years ago.

Attachments

• 100.jpg
    100.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 237
  • 38685_1442082065295_1630383437_1045353_2358599_n.jpg
    38685_1442082065295_1630383437_1045353_2358599_n.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 224
this is going to be a crappy pic as it is really showing the lilies but the Mrs. decided to put an old pic up I did of a hummer sitting in dry grasses, am too lazy for the moment to pull out things to take good pics of but it will happen in time. hopeful you can make something out of this but probably not will have to pull it off the wall ,,,,,,,

Attachments

• DSCN1000.JPG
    DSCN1000.JPG
    769.3 KB · Views: 219
I'll have the Mrs. take a closer cleaner photo and will probably add more stuff some bizarre, hey wait till you see the nudes !! ................. ah well ah

yes pen/ink, carbon pencil some good ol' dirty fingers too and even watercolours with the pen/ink

OK, here goes. Here's some topical stuff I pulled out of the the cupboard that I did in the mid 70's when I was in my mid teens. I used to do a lot of sketching as a hobby when I really should have been chasing girls!

I'll post some other stuff later but I'll start with these 4 water colours. Veteran modelers will recognize the Spitfire from the classic Revell box art. The Mustang was also copied from box art taken from, I believe, a Hasegawa kit. The 109 and 190 are my own compositions.

Colours and markings are not necessarily accurate! I've gained some 35 years of knowledge since!

Attachments

• 109 Water.jpg
    109 Water.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 241
  • P51 Water.jpg
    P51 Water.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 236
  • Dora Water.jpg
    Dora Water.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 236
  • Spit Water.jpg
    Spit Water.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 238
Remember both the box arts well, your Spitfire I is devilishly good

I didn't know what was out there back when I was building; seeing that Hasegawa P-51D box art for the first time was incredible, I didn't know anyone was doing one. Made up, it really exposed the inaccuracies of the Revell P-51B, sat together.

Two trips down memory lane there, thanks :)

Something I did in the past and something I did From it.
Way back in another life I did sign painting, and got to know someone with a P-51.
I got to create and paint the nose art on Merlin's Magic that Stu Eberhardt and his boys, Jim and Bill race at Reno.
In the picture below, is a photo of the planes nose art and below it is my Corel artwork for decals on the 1/32nd and 1/72nd planes I am doing of them.
Clave gave me a few clues that enabled me to do the shading, and to him I am really grateful.

Now I just need to find someone to print them!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• merlin..jpg
    merlin..jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 235

Users who are viewing this thread

Back