Show Us Your Artwork!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nice stuff guys !
Bill, that artwork should print onto clear decal sheet ok, although the pale tones will lose some density. This can be re-touched in paint once the decals are in position.

Love the nose art Bill.

Here are some more of my teenage scrawls, this time in pencil. IIRC, the first Corsair was copied from a Revell box art as well. Rest are from my head.

Attachments

• Corsair Pencil.jpg
    Corsair Pencil.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 222
  • Corsair Pencil 2.jpg
    Corsair Pencil 2.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 213
  • FW190 Pencil.jpg
    FW190 Pencil.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 207
  • Hartman 109.jpg
    Hartman 109.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 207
Thanks Guys

Great stuff Andy. Do you still draw and paint? If not, you should !

Terry, I have not really tackled anything like this for quite a while except that I did do my first two oils of some local mountains for my mother and father about 10 or 12 years ago. They turned out pretty good.

I saw your stuff in another thread and felt a bit inspired to do something like it but other things keep me from it. Modeling was my return to youth a few years back and that's my spare time pursuit now with the limited time I have with teenaged kids and a fulltime job. My vision of retirement in the next 5 years includes taking up painting to fill my days and volunteering at a flying museum where the Lanc that I visited yesterday is based. I have 3 Robert Taylor prints and all of his books and would be using his work on my learning curve with oils.

Thanks for the compliment. Hopefully I'll be around to post some if this future work!

Thanks David. Last bunch of pencil sketches, still circa 1977:

Attachments

• Spit V Pencil.jpg
    Spit V Pencil.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 255
  • Spit and V1.jpg
    Spit and V1.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 240
  • P40 Pencil.jpg
    P40 Pencil.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 242
  • Miss Marilyn Pencil.jpg
    Miss Marilyn Pencil.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 239
  • Marseille 109.jpg
    Marseille 109.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 238
Thanks so much guys.

Finally, the last few shots where I was experimenting with pen and ink wash. Only one got finished as I guess I ran out of patience.

Attachments

• Galland 109 Ink.jpg
    Galland 109 Ink.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 219
  • Unfinished Lightning.jpg
    Unfinished Lightning.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 220
  • Hurricane Ink.jpg
    Hurricane Ink.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 235

Users who are viewing this thread

Back