Show Us Your Artwork!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Awesome work here guys !

Been ferreting around in the loft / attic and found these that I did yonks ago, the Dak in 91 and the other one in 90. Sort of made 'em up as I went along and only used one pencil and pressed hard when I wanted darker, and used my fingers to smudge areas.

Not exactly a prolific drawerererer and haven't picked up a pencil since !. Going to have to have a go again soon, I reckon, you've given me prod in the right direction.

Attachments

• pic1.jpg
    pic1.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 162
  • pic2.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 164
It's been way too long since I posted. Here is another auto piece called Sonic Stangs. It's a small acrylic sketch that is the basis for a larger oil pastel to come.

Attachments

• Sonic_Stangs_08JUL15_sm.jpg
    Sonic_Stangs_08JUL15_sm.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 129
  • Sonic_Stangs_08JUL15_sm1.jpg
    Sonic_Stangs_08JUL15_sm1.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 115
Okay, I mentioned Stinky, the P-51D, came up in Nose Art.
This is what I have done today! I don't think there was white innit.
At the top of the skunk you can see the panels. But tongue and eyes
could be the red of Stinky. I do have a profile, with serials and codes.
So I may have these printed along with corrected AVG roundels.
Thoughts??????
Stinky post P-51.jpg

Okay, I mentioned Stinky, the P-51D, came up in Nose Art.
This is what I have done today! I don't think there was white innit.
At the top of the skunk you can see the panels. But tongue and eyes
could be the red of Stinky. I do have a profile, with serials and codes.
So I may have these printed along with corrected AVG roundels.
Thoughts??????
View attachment 773090

Looking good. I agree the Stinky didn't have the white colour. The "Stinky" name should be slightly larger because it can be noticed that it starts at the green rather than the red front strip and the letters "t" and "k" almost "touch" the dark steel panel below the exhaust pipes. Also the top of the Stinky's mane should reach the panel. Additionally the tail also looks a little bit out of the shape and doesn't fit the panel lines at the fuselage.
But generally well done Bill. :thumbright:

Here is the another shot of the art .... it can be noticed that the lettering has the darker shading around all of the letters edges.

stinky1.jpg

the source: 12924410.jpg - Click to see more photos on ServImg

Looking good. I agree the Stinky didn't have the white colour. The "Stinky" name should be slightly larger because it can be noticed that it starts at the green rather than the red front strip and the letters "t" and "k" almost "touch" the dark steel panel below the exhaust pipes. Also the top of the Stinky's mane should reach the panel. Additionally the tail also looks a little bit out of the shape and doesn't fit the panel lines at the fuselage.
But generally well done Bill. :thumbright:

Here is the another shot of the art .... it can be noticed that the lettering has the darker shading around all of the letters edges.

View attachment 773124
the source: 12924410.jpg - Click to see more photos on ServImg
Duly noted and will do some adjusting.
Difficult with obscured and angled photos.
Thanks for the comments Wojtek.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back