Show us your library....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Ok, after looking at the old pictures I had posted 9 months or more from the last time I realized that I need to slow down on the books and read little more as I have kind of run out of room again :(

HPIM3198.JPG
HPIM3199.JPG
HPIM3200.JPG
HPIM3201.JPG
HPIM3202.JPG
HPIM3203.JPG
HPIM3204.JPG
HPIM3205.JPG
HPIM3206.JPG
HPIM3207.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks Andy, this was suppose to be my retirement project but I still have 18 years to go before that happens. I think I will need a new house at this rate.

I see nothing wrong with building a house to support your habit!

If I kick the bucket before you and Jim, whatever books my son doesn't want is going to you guys. I need to make sure they have a good home. The thought of them being trashed would make me sick, even if I'm dead!

I thank you David and in all honesty I hope that day never comes, your way to young for that. I have the same problem though and have seriously asked my son if for some reason that I passed away and he did not want it to donate the collection to the EAA Museum for there library for all to enjoy. If you are worried then for sure I would look at a local aviation museum though I got to say you have a great collection and hope it keep growing.

Oh and your right David, the Forgotten war is a great series, I've had on order the 4th book for a few days waiting for its arrival and was lucky enough to get it signed by the author.

You have quite a few gems in that collection...can we fake your death?

What is up with that seemingly monstrous Bristol Blenheim book? Looks very tasty.

By the way, has anybody tried cataloging their collection with LibraryThing? I have been hooked! Many an enjoyable hour loading one shelf at a time, but be warned! It's only free for the first 200 books (That how they got me...) and then after you can pay yearly or for a lifetime "membership"...which I did for the cheapest rate posible, $19.00 USD.

At the moment they only have a phone app for Apple platform. There are plans for an android app, but they plans seem to be old. The smart phone website CAN be used on an Android windows phone, but it is a little small and labor intensive yo navigate. Just my 2 cents.

Very impressive library sir! :thumbright:

A book storage question.
Can ya stuff more books on a shelf horizontally or vertically? I'm running outta space...

You have quite a few gems in that collection...can we fake your death? LOL Jim

What is up with that seemingly monstrous Bristol Blenheim book? Looks very tasty.

By the way, has anybody tried cataloging their collection with LibraryThing? I have been hooked! Many an enjoyable hour loading one shelf at a time, but be warned! It's only free for the first 200 books (That how they got me...) and then after you can pay yearly or for a lifetime "membership"...which I did for the cheapest rate posible, $19.00 USD.

At the moment they only have a phone app for Apple platform. There are plans for an android app, but they plans seem to be old. The smart phone website CAN be used on an Android windows phone, but it is a little small and labor intensive yo navigate. Just my 2 cents.

All those books by Crecy are good if you are looking for individual aircraft. They give serial number, loss, dates, crews, squadrons and such. Stories on different missions in different campaigns and such. It's a great research book. I believe David also has the book if he wants to comment on anything I missed. :)

I've never tried the library thing. I might have too look at it closer as I have found myself getting close to duplicates and have duplicated a couple of books. Thanks Jim.

Very impressive library sir! :thumbright:

A book storage question.
Can ya stuff more books on a shelf horizontally or vertically? I'm running outta space...

Thank you sir!!!

Good question but really hard to answer as it depends on the type of book case you have and the size of the books. I prefer NOT to stack them horizontally as then it makes them harder to get out because to you have to remove them from the stack carefully which then you could damage them. I have some done that way for the simple reason they where too tall for my book selves. But you could save space if they are all the same size as then you don't have the open air above the books if they are short. As you can see I have started to lay some across the vertically ones as there is room that way. It's really up to you and how much you want to move things around.

...can we fake your death?

That was meant for Paul, right?????? :evil4:

I used this wonderful website called Shelfari which shuttered at the end of January, DOH!!!! It was awesome because it would allow you to import purchases from Amazon.

I wish we had a place on this site we could upload and track our books. I would be great to need to lookup a small part in a book and look to see which one of the members has it.

That was meant for Paul, right?????? :evil4:

I used this wonderful website called Shelfari which shuttered at the end of January, DOH!!!! It was awesome because it would allow you to import purchases from Amazon.

I wish we had a place on this site we could upload and track our books. I would be great to need to lookup a small part in a book and look to see which one of the members has it.

Yeah that would be nice David, especially if you had questions on a book and some one else had it. That would be handy. Next time I see Horses on line I will try and ask him if he knows of any way to do this.

There is an app called GoodReads, also has a web page. You can add books to it by any means, ISBN number, author, title etc. Then you can share that info with friends. I use it a lot and over time it learns about your preferences and you start getting suggestions for similar books which is rather neat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back