So....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Cheers guys!

FlyBoyJ, that SoB with his awesome post can't be topped. Good on you, man.

BTW, what's wrong with Tel Aviv? Some of the best medical centers in the world there? Certainly not a safety issue.

I'm not saying it isn't I would just rather have some experience on the US medical system that would allow me to get a foot in the door to work in the States. Would be great to be able to join the last 2 years of the London program though and study in the UK and then have an easier transition to foundation doctor because of the better opportunities for shadowing the role in the UK you would be doing rather than doing it long distance.

Congratulations Hugh! Where in Chicago if you get that one? My wife is a nurse here so she'll probably know all about it

Jackson Park Hospital and Medical Centre in Chicago.

Jackson Park Hospital and Medical Centre in Chicago.
My wife is in Ireland on vacation right now so Ill ask her what she knows about it when she gets back in a week. One thing I do know is that about a mile and a half north of it there is a museum with a Spitfire Mk. I and a Stuka hanging from the ceiling.

Just caught this thread so my much belated congrats. When I got out of the army, I thought I'd be a natural for med school but got turned down everywhere as as I had "too much experience, all things being equal be take the younger student first" and there was no such thing as nurse practitioners or EMTs

So an update. No longer going to Cyprus...

Still going to medical school though. I got an offer from my first choice medical school here in the UK which I have accepted. It was where I wanted to go in the first place but hadn't heard anything and so wasn't sure what the outcome would be of it which was why I went for the offer I had at the time. However now that I have my first choice I have gone with it. So instead of Cyprus I will be off to Swansea, not as exotic but a better course with great onwards prospects in both the UK and abroad.

As I told you in the Admin/Mods section, Congrats man!

Hopefully you get Chicago. I only live 2 hours from Chicago, we could meet up on a regular basis.

Not going to be going to Chicago anymore Chris (although I might still do my elective in the States depending what area I choose). Will be staying in the UK for the full 4 years (and 2 years further training after that), as detailed in my earlier post.

So an update. No longer going to Cyprus...

Still going to medical school though. I got an offer from my first choice medical school here in the UK which I have accepted. It was where I wanted to go in the first place but hadn't heard anything and so wasn't sure what the outcome would be of it which was why I went for the offer I had at the time. However now that I have my first choice I have gone with it. So instead of Cyprus I will be off to Swansea, not as exotic but a better course with great onwards prospects in both the UK and abroad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back