So....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Gnomey

Globetrotting Surgeon General
Staff
Mod
So a couple of you may know that I've been all over the place with medical school interviews this past 6 months.

Well today I got my acceptance into medical school!

So I will be back to studying for 4 years to get my degree then another 2 of junior doctor training (on the job) and then I'll be fully qualified and able to practice.

I have been accepted into St George's University of London's 4 year graduate entry program. Although it isn't actually the London based course, it is 2 years in Cyprus and then 2 years in either Chicago (ideally), Tel Aviv (rather not) or somewhere in Europe (unknown options available - possibly join the London course). Followed by a further 2 foundation years before qualifying fully as a doctor (I'll more than likely do this in the UK).

Still hasn't quite sunk in yet but now busy sorting out all the necessary paper work to moving to Cyprus in September and recommencing study.

Can't wait though!

Putting it simple -
you_rock.gif

Well done Hugh, really pleased for you. It bothers me slightly though, when Doctors say they 'Practice' !!

FlyBoyJ, that SoB with his awesome post can't be topped. Good on you, man.

BTW, what's wrong with Tel Aviv? Some of the best medical centers in the world there? Certainly not a safety issue.

WOW Hugh, that is fantastic and congratulations are truly in order.

You will enjoy Cyprus my friend, lovely and warm, plenty of bottled fruit (alcoholic naturally), you may even acquire a taste for the brandy, it's cheaper than bottled water!! Also. if luck is on your side you will even be able to ski in winter up in the Troodos Mountains.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back