Some of my artwork

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Bombers take a lot longer than the fighters. (It's all those engines to draw.) I'd say anywhere from 15 - 30 hrs depending on the piece.

This one probably took longer doing research for a paint scheme and the like. . .

51D-Mustang_zps050cc17f.jpg

I know fubar57, it gets boring seeing models with the same decals all the time. I am working on a B-24 piece right now and am in the process of researching some websites for a paint scheme and nose art that is just a random example of a bomber and it's crew that never made it back from a mission. It's a bit morbid I admit, but to me, it's just an example of all the people who contributed to war effort that you never heard of.

they have the "flavor" of some of the pics i remember seeing in the old book from back in the early 50s .....nicely done

Nice work some info on Rum pot from MACR

#42-31433 - B-17G
Group Squadron Sq Code A/C Code
384BG 547BS
Name RUM POT
MIA 1944-04-13 - MACR #: 3865
Notes 42-31433 Delivered: Cheyenne 3/11/43; Kearney 15/11/43; Assigned: 547BS/384BG [SO-V] Grafton Underwood 8/1/44; MIA Schweinfurt 13/4/44 Pilot: Clarry Stearns, Navigator: Bob Hock, Bombardier: Don Ackerson, Engineer / Top Turret Gunner: Dave Barkhurst, Radio Operator: Ed Hill, Ball Turret Gunner: Pierre Joseph, Waist Gunner: Theo Corrigan, Waist Gunner: John Robinson, Tail Gunner: Warren Martell (9POW); Joe Co-Pilot: Bedsole (KIA-had no chute when rest baled); Enemy aircraft before target, crashed Grossgumpen/Odenwald, near Lindenfels, 12 miles S of Darmstadt, Germany. MACR 3865. RUM POT.
Source B-17 Master Log - Dave Osbourne

Source: MIA Aircraft

Pictures of crew and airplane and crash site see Morr-Siedelsbrunn - Flugzeugabstürze 2. Weltkrieg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back