Sorry guys...Another Lanc' done !!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ian lanc

Senior Airman
Sep 30, 2007
mansfield, nottinghamshire
Extremely sorry if i bore anyone with my Lancaster builds :rolleyes: One day when i get to make a model of my own it might just be a different type of aircraft [not :lol:]

Yet again this is not mine and is to go into a Museum in Sweden. This Lancaster MKI actually crashed near the Museum where they have parts of it. The model is AA-G. HK594.

The only added extra's to this kit are the bulged bomb bay doors and a little patience by me :idea:

By the way you should see the box i've made for this one its axe proof :whax:

LarsLancastercompleted008.jpg

LarsLancastercompleted006.jpg

LarsLancastercompleted005.jpg

LarsLancastercompleted004.jpg

LarsLancastercompleted003.jpg

LarsLancastercompleted002.jpg

LarsLancastercompleted001.jpg

Thanks for looking guys.

ian.

Stunning work, will look great in the museum. How did you get involved with that?

Hiya Warsop Lad :D

I go on another forum which is just about Lancasters and i'm the Moderator in a section which is called the ''Hanger'' alot of the members have seen the type/spec/quality of the Lancasters i build and i usually get quite a few PM's asking me if i can make them a Lanc' to a specific spec' in which their Dad/Uncle flew during the war, sometimes it's quite challenging as we have to find everything we can about that Lancaster before i can start it.

What scale is it, Ian?

Hi Colin,

Its only 1/72nd scale i like to show up close pictures of these so you can see the detail/work i've put into them, I've had people ask me in the past if they are 1/48th scale :shock:

Nice work again Ian. Unusual presentation oif the code letters on the port side.

Hi Terry,

Yes it is a bit different isn't it with those letters it seems the AA's of 75 sqd asked for them to be that way, maybe to stand out from the norm'.

Glad you like the old kite guys.

ian.

Yeah, I've only ever seen a couple of squadrons with the squadron code aft of the port roundel. Did you know that bird started life as a BII, but the Vickers ( the Castle Bromwich) production line changed to BIII, but it ended up a BI ?!!

Some information for you from "Nachtjagd War Diaries Vol II" by Dr Theo Boiten and Rod Mackenzie:

Maj. Werner Husemann: Stab I./NJG 3 N.Ystad: 2,800 m. 01.19 75 Squadron Lancaster HK594

I hope that helps.

Lovely model Ian.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back