Sorry guys! Its another one of those awful Lancasters I've made....again!!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ian lanc

Senior Airman
Sep 30, 2007
mansfield, nottinghamshire
Last year in July me and the wife were invited to a 49 Reunion which was held at Petwood Hotel
and was given an empty wine bottle, of only twenty produced for the re-union and I pondered
that night as to what to do with this empty bottle and then it jumped at me and thought...

''I know why not make a 49sqd 'Lanc' model and mount it on the bottle''!

The wine was made and bottled by a small company in Germany and the labels are in gold leaf on the bottle is a 49sqd Lancaster EA*D. ED702.

Crew..
P/O C T Anderson, Sgt R C Paterson, F/Sgt J P Nugent, F/Sgt G J Green, F/Sgt W D Bickle, F/Sgt E Ewan , Sgt A W Buck.

Lost 23rd Spetember 1943 Op Mannheim and was shot down by Lt Heinz Grimm, member of the staff of the IV./ NJG (Nachtjagdgeschwader) G9+CE I.

Before anyone spots the error of the rear guns being wrong! I've now corrected them :oops:

The kit is the Airfix 1/72nd kit with the side windows patiently cut out and filled with Crystal Clear,
note it has a full crew and even a bomb aimer...lol

Enjoy....

dea014.gif

dea012.gif

dea015.gif

dea016.gif

dea020.gif

dea021.gif

dea022.gif

dea023.gif

dea024.gif

dea018.gif

dea017.gif

Thanks for looking.
Ian

Last edited:
Good one Ian. It might be an idea to mount the bottle on a wider plinth though, otherwise the Lanc might 'go in' for the second time!
Now then, how many of the MkII will you be building, when Airfix release their new kit?!!

Good one Ian. It might be an idea to mount the bottle on a wider plinth though, otherwise the Lanc might 'go in' for the second time!
Now then, how many of the MkII will you be building, when Airfix release their new kit?!!

Aha! Terry, I have that in hand :!: The bottle is full of heavy black fine stone,
look at the first picture and you can see the stones in the bottle, I've purchased
a 4'' x 4'' wood picture frame which the bottle sits in a round hole and is very safe.

Maybe one or two MKII will be built this year but in my stash i've a couple of MKII
resin sets/bomb bay doors and never built one as the resin set is selling more than
double the price of an Airfix Lanc' kit, well that was until Airfix opened their gob!!

Ian.

Aha! Terry, I have that in hand :!: The bottle is full of heavy black fine stone,
look at the first picture and you can see the stones in the bottle, I've purchased
a 4'' x 4'' wood picture frame which the bottle sits in a round hole and is very safe.

Maybe one or two MKII will be built this year but in my stash i've a couple of MKII
resin sets/bomb bay doors and never built one as the resin set is selling more than
double the price of an Airfix Lanc' kit, well that was until Airfix opened their gob!!

Ian.

That answered my question! :thumbup:

Great work as always Ian, and great idea!

I'd be keen to hear your opinion of the new Airfix Lancs too should you get any of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back