Spitfire PR XIX Airfix 1:72

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

djos

Airman 1st Class
Nov 16, 2009
Belgrade, Serbia
Dear friends,

Two days ago i got two models which i waited a quite long time,Airfix Junkers JU 87B in 1:24 and Spitfire PR XIX u 1:72.

First one will wait some time to be done, but i started work on small one immediately :)
For all of you this is well known model (even it is new one from Airfix), very nice model, parts fits well together. I found problem only with camera glass on the bottom which seems to be smaller then it should be so i must fill gaps with Humbrol Clear Fix.

I wanted to do fast build Out of Box but i must done some additions, seat belts, oxygen bottle behind seat, some additions in cockpit, details in wing gear bays. When you look at side cameras window even it is quite dark place you can see empty space, i made camera lens attached directly to window so i think this will correct this issue.

From my point of view this is model which will give few hours of pure fun to everybody who will make it

Now pictures or started work

Best regards to all

th_kutija.jpg
th_SPRXIX001.jpg
th_SPRXIX002.jpg
th_SPRXIX01.jpg
th_SPRXIX1.jpg
th_SPRXIX2.jpg
th_SPRXIX3.jpg
th_SPRXIX4.jpg
th_SPRXIX5.jpg

Last edited:
Hi djos, its a nice looking kit, got one myself last week,looking forward to building it. What did you use to make your seat and belts?

Thanks to all for kind words.

@seangday

For seat i used blue tack and modeled in as back part of seat, and for seat belts standard approach, 2 layers of Tamiya masking tape. Only this time i did not put to much attention on details, because many of this will not be visible at all after putting cockpit in place. Big glass distortion will discard all efforts :(. But i just love to made cockpit bussy :)

Best regards

Cheers djos, working on a typhoon with a open cockpit, so might try that myself,(if I can keep my patience and my fat fingers out of the way.)

Last edited:
Dear friends,

Just small update, because we were all ill in family last two weeks.
Spitfire is waiting for final touches, small details to be painted, and last layer of warnish.

I hope will be finished soon, so i can start project converting Spitfire MkVc to Seafire Mk II :)

Best regards to all

Now pictures:

th_10a.jpg
th_7a.jpg
th_8a.jpg
th_9a.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back