Swedish Harvard

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Jeff Hunt

1st Lieutenant
Jul 20, 2012
Guelph Ontario Canada
I wanted to do something a little bit different with this Harvard so I grabbed some left over decals from the CR-42 kit and decided a Swedish bird would be nice. With some help from Jan I was able to cobble together my model. It is built to represent A/C 16071 when it was assigned to F16 and carried ID# 71. I only had enough numbers to apply the 71 to the tail which may have been accurate as for a time they appeared on the tail only. 16071 was lost on 14March1951 when she sank through the ice.

The 71 is perhaps a bit bigger that it should be but beggars can't be choosers and I really thought a Swedish bird would look pretty cool sitting on the shelf and I like the way she has turned out.

The model was built from the Revell AT-6 Texan kit, quite simple but it went together very nicely. She is not perfect but she certainly stands out. I used Tamiya acrylic paints throughout and had to mix my " Harvard Yellow" using yellow and red paint.

Hope you like it.

IMG_0009.JPG

IMG_0010.JPG

IMG_0011.JPG

Cheers,

Jeff

Very nice. What's not to like about the At-6/ Harvard? For an old kit, the Revell/Monogram kit is still fantastic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back